Posted in Other 6 days ago.
The Fiber Construction Manager manages the direction of fiber construction projects and supports the development of project guidelines. This individual oversees construction progress to determine the status of completion through communication with clients, contracts, and/or vendors, maintaining schedules for construction crews to ensure all projects are adequately staffed, evaluating job sites to ensure inspection standards are achieved, and assisting with contract proposals, development, and approval. Travel will be required.
* Develop strategy for award of construction vendors that contemplates cost, crew availability, quality of work product, etc.
* Review and redline zoning drawings and construction drawings, as required Interface with the site and project management teams to ensure timely delivery of sites
* Report project status and performance data to management
* Coordinate hand construction activities including site walks and inventory coordination
* Ensure permits are closed out correctly
* Ensure that power deliveries are synchronized with construction activities
* Interface with multiple teams to ensure project completion on time and within budget
* Works on regularly scheduled days as well as unscheduled days and/or beyond regular work hours due to customer or operational demands, as needed.
* Adheres to all Company standard procedures, policies and safety practices in the course of performing work activities.
* Other duties as assigned
* Minimum of 3 years wireless construction management experience
* A successful track record of construction projects (on time, within budget)
* An adventurous spirit; flexible, innovative, and capable of managing multiple projects and responsibilities in extreme time-critical settings
* Results focused leadership using energetic and positive communication skills
* Natural ability to work with all levels of management, staff, and vendors
* An affinity for analytics, acute attention to detail, and decisive in nature
* Experience working with fiber and power companies, with an understanding of scheduling walks and dealing with meter sets
* Previous experience being part of a carrier buildout team
* Solid understanding of microwave in a wireless environment
* Employee remains in the sitting position for prolonged hours. Employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
* Working conditions may include being in an open (shared) cubicle/workspace area.
* Must be able to work safely in a field or office environment. Must be adept at working in adverse weather conditions.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility which will ever be required of an employee in this position, however, the employee will be held responsible for all duties assigned.