Posted in Other 11 days ago.
GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50manufacturing locations in 15countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to bebetter in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The Group Leader is accountable for achieving the People, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cash and Cost (PSQDCC) targets through the disciplined and rigorous deployment of the Lean Operating Model. The Group Leader is accountable for attaining Operational Excellence across their designated area of responsibility, in line with the Performance Centre objectives. The Group Leader is accountable for creating a 'Great Place To Work' through developing and empowering first class Team Leaders and driving a culture of continuous improvement, safe working and open dialogue.
* Create and sustain a culture that is aligned to the GKN Aerospace "Great Place To Work" value drivers and Culture Principles by role-modelling behaviors, motivating, encouraging and recognizing the contribution of individuals and teams.
* Hold Team Members and Team Leaders accountable to embody the GKNA culture principles
* Be Open and Honest when appraising and managing individuals' performance whilst supporting and coaching individuals to close performance gaps
* Exemplifying a safety-first mindset and ensuring that the GKN Aerospace Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards are applied and that their assigned areas are a model of a world class healthy and safe working environment
* Leading and developing their teams to understand the context, mechanics and the delivery of PSQDCC targets to meet customer and stakeholder commitments
* Driving the disciplined and rigorous deployment of the Lean Operating Model (LOM) across their assigned areas
* Active involvement in problem solving and the management system using a 'Go to Gemba' approach to solve problems with the ambition that 98% of issues can be solved within the area itself
* Contributing to the Site strategy through the Hoshin Kanri (Strategy Deployment) process and ensuring its execution across their assigned areas
* Understand the 'bigger picture' and cooperate with other Group Leaders to ensure the best performance outcomes for the entire site
* Holding the functional support staff accountable for adhering to the Global standards and enabling their area teams to meet their targets
* Ensuring the disciplined execution of Daily Management and Standardised work through the conscientious adherence to Leader Standard Work
* Driving and facilitating the Engagement of all team members, ensuring engagement actions are defined, implemented and followed-through
* Complying with all legal and regulatory requirements and ensuring that staff are aware of the policies and their individual responsibilities and accountabilities:
o The company's Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policies
o Compliance and Ethics Policy on Contracting with the United States Government in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government
o Export Control regulations
* Input to Capex projects within there are
* Responsibility for managing Area budget as agreed with Direct Manager
* Taking ownership when having to make difficult decisions linked to their area
* High School Diploma.
* 5+ years of manufacturing experience in a manufacturing environment.
* 3+ years supervisory/management experience
* Must be able to perform work subject to ITAR/EAR regulations and/or program requirements.
* Operations leadership, preferably internally from a Team Leader role
* Understanding of performance numbers and trends
* Meeting and exceeding PSQDCC performance targets
* Using effective communication to build a high performing team
* Influencing across functional lines
* The ability to Lead, Coach and Develop direct reports
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business is preferred.
* Proficient in English language (written and verbal)
* Experience working with a Lean Operating Model / Production System
* Lean or Six Sigma certification by a reputable certifying body or benchmark company
* A passion for the Aerospace industry
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Hartford