Posted in Other 2 days ago.
RTI International is seeking a project manager with a background and interest in medical productdevelopment and translational sciences. The primary responsibility of this position will be to provide project management on multiple concurrent device or medical product development projects. This individual will fulfill a key role as member of a team of scientists in RTI's Global Health Technologies Group working to develop new medical products to address the critical unmet global health need for new therapies.
* Work with investigators from academics and small companies to advance their early stage medical device products towards commercialization
* Work with project teams to track the progress of ongoing project activities
* Identify and define critical study and project tasks
* Ensure high levels of communication with project teams, support resources and clients
* Plan studies and tasks, working with contract research organization (CRO) staff or consultants as needed to finalize study protocols and procedures
* Research and summarize program information for response to external requests, project proposals, reports and external meetings
* Coordinate activities and communication across multiple organizations
* Manage conference calls, meetings, travel and other logistics for the project(s)
* Prepare for and lead project meetings, prepare minutes and track action items
* BS in relevant field with 12 or more years of experience in medical device development activities, MS with 10 or more years of experience or PhD with 6 years of experience
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work successfully in multidisciplinary teams
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
* Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project
* Highly organized and detail-oriented
* To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
* Experience related to device development
* Experience with technical, regulatory, or scientific writing