Posted in Other 1 day ago.
TX - Austin
Mood Media Corporation is a leading in-store media specialist that uses a mix of music, visual and scent media to help its clients communicate with consumers with a view to driving incremental sales at the point-of-purchase. Operating through its two principal divisions; In-Store Media and Retail Point-of-Purchase; Mood Media Corporation works with more than 800 retail chains in more than 40 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Mood Media is looking for an energetic Staff Accountant to join its North America accounting team. The Staff Accountant will be reporting to the Accounting Manager and will work directly with senior and peer members of the accounting team on recording accounting entries, preparing reconciliations, schedules and financial reports that provide vital financial information on the performance of the company. This position requires a hard- working, hands on individual with a desire to learn and who works well in a team environment.
* Obtains and maintains a deep understanding of the financial operations for the monthly closing process.
* Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses journal entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
* Detailed review and analysis of multiple key areas including cash, fixed assets, prepaids, receivables, payables, and accruals
* Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
* Assist in monthly and quarterly close process including: preparation of quarterly documentation, activity schedules and support for statutory reporting pack.
* Prepare support and work papers as needed to assist with the external audit process and quarterly reviews.
* Offer suggestions towards process improvement and efficiencies.
* Work on special projects requiring detailed activity analysis as required.
About the candidate:
* Bachelor's degree in accounting required.
* 2+ years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Strong accounting foundation and thorough understanding of GAAP
* Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
* Superior EXCEL skills required
* Familiarity with Oracle a plus.
* Comfortable in identifying accounting and or internal control issues and raising these to management
* Ability to multitask and work in a dynamic fast paced environment with tight deadlines
* Strong sense of ownership and accountability for work product
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Comfortable communicating and interacting with remote teams at all levels to gather information and resolve questions.
* PASSION in what you do & self-motivation with a CAN-DO attitude
* Flexible work schedule to accommodate peak times
* Experience in the media industry and IFRS is a plus
Check us out at www.moodmedia.com
Mood Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran