Posted in Banking 14 days ago.
Junior Mortgage Banker
Working within one of our mortgage location, this will be a training position which teaches development and maintenance of internal company referral partners as a key source of business. This position also teaches how to develop and solicit residential mortgage business using a variety of sales techniques including regular contact with local realtors, builders and other centers of influence, and preparing marketing tools to promote mortgage products. Position will shadow Mortgage Bankers in meetings with borrowers to discuss specific needs and matches needs to the appropriate product. Will learn to complete the application process ensuring all applicable regulations are met.
MAJOR JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Business Development
Will learn how to establish and maintain relationships with realtors, builders and other business sources. Will be taught the use of marketing tools to introduce products to realtors and potential borrowers. Trained to conduct sales calls and make presentations on a regular basis. Assists Mortgage Bankers in promptly contacting referrals and responding to referral sources. Teaches exploration and development of new methods for attracting business.
2. Client/Realtor Relationships
Will learn to answer questions and guide borrowers through the loan approval process. Assists Mortgage Banker in regular contact with realtors acting as a liaison to borrower. Will learn to promptly and accurately respond to inquiries. Maintains a high standard of professional and courteous service at all times. Learns to actively cross sells additional company products to further establish relationship.
3. Loan Origination
Will learn how to maintain expected level of production. Will be taught how to interview borrowers in a courteous and professional manner. Will learn to determine borrower's needs and match them to the product that will meet those needs. Taught to obtain all necessary information to complete the application. Will learn to accurately input application into pipeline database. Trained to provide assistance and follow up as needed throughout processing to ensure timely closing and settlement.
4. Loan Quality
Will learn all mortgage products and related underwriting guidelines. Will learn how to effectively match borrowers
to products that will gain loan approval. Taught to conform with all underwriting guidelines for each loan. Trained to document exceptions or additional explanations. Works in cooperation with secondary market and underwriting staff.
5. Cross-sell Company Products
Will learn all deposit, loan and related services sold in the branch. Will be trained to facilitate the opening of
all types of deposit accounts including personal and commercial checking, savings, time deposits and IRAs. Learns to identify needs and make recommendations that meet the client's and company's financial goals. Responsible for accurate and timely preparation of all documents, correspondence and follow-up of
related client service and sales requests.
Will become familiar with all related lending regulations and any changes to those regulations. Will assist
Mortgage Banker in providing borrower with all necessary disclosures within specified time frames as required by law. Will learn all lending regulation and ensure compliance throughout the application process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Will be taught mortgage and real estate principles as well as a variety of product offerings available to
borrowers. Aptitude for business math is required in order to accurately complete the application process and discuss borrowing options.
2. Aptitude for sales and business is preferred and will be necessary to meet future production goals.
3. Ability and willingness to use personal computer systems to enter application data and develop marketing tools is required.
4. Ability to effectively express ideas orally and in writing. Ability to prepare business correspondence, prepare and complete business development calls, and prepares and makes presentations to realtors, builders, and/or borrowers.
5. Work involves making decisions within the framework of practices and procedures and/or precedents or well-defined policies and/or their supervisor's review. Latitude is provided to determine work priorities, and to deviate from established practices and procedures provided that the outcome of their work falls within accepted standards of quality, volume, timeliness, etc.
SPECIFIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires reasonable mobility in and around the work area and may include travel to other offices and clients. Ability to use standard computer and phone systems is required.
1. Normal office environment where there is almost no discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, or other disagreeable elements.
2. Work includes little or no potential exposure to hazardous conditions.
3. Must be able to travel to remote company and/or client locations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people
assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Sandy Spring Bank is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.Apply NowShare Save Job