Posted in General Business 3 days ago.
Government Contracting – Services Billing Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
Review project set up and verifying new contracts in accounting system, assist with updating contract value and funding requirements and managing a back-log report for all Services contracts.
Supervise billing person, be a back-up to the billing person as needed.
Review project set up in the accounting system for proper billing.
Review and recommend ways to improve billing procedure for Services organization.
Review contracts requirements for accurate and timely billing.
Review Subcontracting invoices for timely billing.
Handle and supervise monthly billings based on contract requirements, FFP, CFPP and T&M.
Coordinate with Accounts payable and PMs to ensure to bill out all cost relevant to the customer including subcontractors, travel, and other direct costs monthly.
Work with Services billing, PMs, to ensure billing are done correctly with the appropriate support and ensure that invoices are reviewed and submitted in a timely and accurate manner.
Manage/Prepare close out billing by coordinating with the PMs.
Review and ensure accuracy of monthly billings for all contracts and research and resolve any disparities between contract requirements and invoices.
Work with the Accounting Project Manager to ensure monthly preparation of unbilled revenue and expense accruals.
Handling and supervise AR collections for Services contracts.
Ensure invoices are submitted on a timely manner via portals.
Other duties are as follow:
Supports the monthly accounting close process as needed.
Engage with the accounting manager/PMs on revenue accruals, ensuring that all revenue is appropriately recognized, including the recording of required revenue accruals, as well as the analysis and validation of the accuracy of associated unbilled receivables.
Manage and update contracts backlog report , prepare revenue summary analysis for all services type contracts, review of project summary report (PSR) monthly.
Perform Indirect rate analysis based on actual vs. provisional rates as needed.
Assists with external audits/reviews, and compiling data for income tax preparation.
Review project set up in AX accounting system.
Assist with DCAA. DCMA audits and other audits.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in accounting /finance with minimum 5 years of relevant experience in government contracting.
• Previous Managerial experience is required.
• Demonstrate Knowledge of all contract types including FFP, CPFF & T&M. .
• Solid understanding of GAAP, FAR and CAS
• Prior experience in revenue recognition methodologies across all contract types.
• Project accounting system experience required,( MS Dynamics AX & Costpoint is a big Plus)
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, but advanced expertise with MS Excel. Experience in new accounting system set up is preferred.
• Able to work independently, but also effectively as part of team
• Proactive approach to problem solving
• Ability to meet and enforce deadlines
• Detail Oriented, but also able to appreciate the bigger picture
• A strong attention to detail with a focus on analytics
• Proactive learning ability, a strong work ethic, and a high level of personal integrity.
• Good time management and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple initiatives and deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills
See Job Description
1 day ago
Vanasse Hangen Brustlin Inc.
2 days ago
2 days ago
30+ days ago
30+ days ago
Medical Transportation Management
about 4 hours ago