Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Safely and efficiently bale non-sellable textiles for sale to salvage vendors. Operate bale and material handling equipment as needed to meet production requirements.
Other duties within the scope of this position may be assigned.
1. Bale salvage textile while safely adhering to company policies and procedures.
2. Maintain a safe and clean work environment, reporting all issues of safety concern to leadership.
3. Maximize salvage processing production to limit product backup and to receive and meet and exceed salvage revenue goals of the department.
The associate in this position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Education / Experience / Certificates / Security Clearance
* High School Diploma or GED, required.
* 1 Year experience in a related field, required.
* No professional certifications are required for this position.
* The associate is not required to drive as part of their job duties.
* The associate in this position will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check.
* Forklift certification is not required at hiring. Some associates may be selected after hire to obtain certification and operate a forklift as a regular part of their job.
Lives the Values, Drives for Results, Customer Focus, Communication, Job Skills Knowledge
Associates are required to follow Goodwill's safety rules and regulations, as outlined in Goodwill's policy and procedure manual.
Information Privacy and Security
Physical Demands / Work Environment / Work Conditions
* The associate is required to lift 50 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
* The associate works in an environment with frequent exposure to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise, fumes, dust, etc.)
* The associate must be available to work evenings and/or weekends as business needs dictate.
Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click on this link to access our EEO / Affirmative Action Program posters and learn about your rights as an applicant.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact the recruiting team at Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia at 804-745-6300 or via email at RecruitingAccommodations@goodwillvirginia.org . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
Applicants using Assistive Technology are encouraged to use our Indeed job board to submit applications. Click here to go to our Indeed Job board.
3 minutes ago
18 minutes ago
22 minutes ago
Federal Reserve Bank (FRB)