Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Produce high quality products and services for our customers. You will assemble and inspect product to ensure the highest quality product is provided to our customers. You will be responsible for your work area to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the area. You will set up and monitor the production of product in your area and participate in the continuous improvement process at the site to address safety, production and quality improvements.
· Successfully create parts from a blueprint, manufacturing operations and tooling instructions, or engineering instruction.
· Set -up and operate CNC vertical and horizontal milling machines with "Fanuc" and "Haas" controls, CNC horizontal lathes, mills, grinder, etc., to very close tolerances. Consistently work with +/-.001 and tighter tolerances to a profile of +/-.0005. Use micrometers/other measuring instruments in order to perform quality control checks on parts in process and upon completion. - Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly manner.
· Perform necessary task and paper work for the proper movement and control of parts and material in conjunction with manufacturing tracking systems.
· Actively participate in Honeywell Operating System (HOS) activities, daily meeting, understand what is to be accomplished during the shift, and discuss any new shift related issues.
· Perform daily job functions in accordance with policies from: HSE&F, Quality, and housekeeping.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule to provide coverage across all shifts including weekend day and/or night shift.
· Must adhere to Health, Safety, and Environmental regulations
YOU MUST HAVE
· Due to DOD regulations, must be a US citizen
· High School diploma or equivalent (GED) is required
· Minimum 3 years machining experience required
· Understanding of "g" codes, and making minor program edits at the machine
· Experience machining aluminum
· Machine Shop Technology program completion or certification
· Ability to set up and machine a variety of parts
· Knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings and the use of GD&T dimensioning
· Working knowledge of basic inspection tools with the capability of inspecting parts prior to final QA
· Good writing and verbal communication skills, including basic computer knowledge
Lifting is generally at or below 30Lbs. without significant repetitions. Moderate exposure to machinery, chemical, and physical risks is anticipated.
Person will be asked to work with acetone and alcohol.
Training will be OJT (on the job) during first shift hours.
Safety Glasses and Steel Toes are required
JOB ID: HRD130372
Category: Integrated Supply Chain
Location: 660 Engineering Drive,Norcross,Georgia,30092,United States
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.