A Slitter Operator is responsible for the preparation and processing of material in and out of the Slitting Operation.
- Follow all Tri-Seal plant safety rules and standards.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Load a machine payoff using an overhead hoist and thread the material through the machine initially by hand and then jogging it through the cutting press.
- Input data into the shop floor PC, check and validate labels are correct from computer on to the corresponding rolls.
- Selects, cleans, install spacers and knives on shafts.
- Threads sheeting through slitter and verifies dimension of slit specifications.
- Secures slit strips on cores, adjusts guides and roller tension, thread edge trim to scrap winder and start machine.
- Observes slitting and rewinding operation and examines cut strips for flatness, wrinkles and other defects.
- Will observe the machine and is required to communicate scrap, mechanical or quality issues timely.
- Responsible for arranging stacking rolls according to packaging specification.
- Responsible for meeting standards relating to productivity, quality and scrap daily.
- Filling out and submitting required paperwork daily.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Safety conscious
- Comfortable standing for entire shift
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. repetitively
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
- Previous forklift experience is preferred
- 2 years of experience in manufacturing facility is preferred
- Excellent communication skills for this hands-on role
- Must be fluent read/writing/speak English
Minimum of a High School Diploma