Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Assistant Director, NSLP #495362
New Student & Leadership Program
Job Summary: Lamar University is seeking a passionate leader with a vision to provide excellent services and a high quality experience for incoming students and their families. The Assistant Director for the New Student & Leadership Programs Department will initiate meaningful programs tailored to the new student experience at Lamar University. Will oversee coordination of new student and parent orientation, parent and family programs, large scale leadership and civic engagement programs, and create a collaborative working environment with the university and public community. This position has direct reporting responsibility to the Director of New Student and Leadership Programs. This position is full time with opportunity to initiate creative charge/lead in a lively environment. COMPENSATION/BENEFITS: Annual Salary - $43,775· Health insurance and other benefits as an employee of the State of Texas· Tuition assistance to employee, a spouse and/or eligible dependent children · Opportunities for professional development, including conference travel· No state income tax in Texas
Essential Job Functions:
* Provide support to the Director of New Student & Leadership Programs in all matters related to orientation, week of welcome, year-round orientation initiatives for first-year and transfer students.
* Coordinate event logistics and programming for large initiatives for including New Student Orientation, Spring Welcome, and Parent & Family Orientation.
* Select, train, and supervise Student Orientation Coordinators, Orientation Leaders. Facilitate weekly meetings, training sessions, and retreat(s) with the Student Leadership Team for Orientation.
* Provide front-line supervision of each orientation program.
* Coordinate a variety of parent and family programs, including Family Weekends, Parent Receptions, Parent and Family Newsletter, website, and works closely with campus constituents in providing information and programming to parents and families.
* Serve as a key liaison between the university and families of current students.
* Oversee the continuous development, implementation, and evaluation of fall and spring Week of Welcome program, marketing, execution, and assessment.
* Oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of various first year programs for new students.
* Oversee and coordinate Leadership Programs, including Leadership Conferences, Leadership Certificate program, and leadership workshops.
* Develop and coordinate an annual Student Leadership Conference.
* Direct, manage, and instruct leadership workshops, programs and student leader training across all departments within the division.
* Manage and oversee all aspects to LU Lead, Leadership Certificate program.
* Implement university wide awareness programs to educate students about volunteer opportunities on campus and within the community.
* Develop and manage sustained partnerships with local non-profit and service agencies.
* Provide information and guidance for students, faculty, and staff who wish to engage in volunteer work in the local community.
* Give support to the Big Event executive committee and help with the coordination of the Big Event, day of community service
* Collaborate with the Student Organization Service Office to track all student volunteer hours and engagement within LUHub platform
* Prepare and maintain appropriate assessment, reports, and publications.
* Use web-based tools for marketing, web design, orientation records, and assessment.
* Assist with division sponsored events such as Homecoming and Toast to Leadership Banquet.
* Meet weekly with the Director of New Student & Leadership Programs and attend regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
* Participate on departmental, division, and university committees and task forces.
* Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Required:
* Master's degree in student personnel, higher education or a related field. One year of work experience in college student affairs, student activities, orientation, transfer, or first year programming
* Demonstrated orientation and transition experience
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion and the ability to work with a diverse group of constituents.
* Experience in designing and implementing programming or large-scale events.
Minimum Experience Required:
* Knowledge of college student development theory, research & practice related to orientation, leadership development, student transitions, learning and/or success.
* Experience managing large events.
* Advising/supervision experience with ability to lead undergraduate student staff.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administrators participating in transition programs.
* Previous experience with a student records database system.
Physical Requirements: Moderate physical activity. Can require handling objects of average-weight up to 30 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
Willingness to work flexible schedule, which may include evening and weekend hours as required and emergency management and/or crisis management.
Willing to assist with the evacuation process of residence students to an off-site location for tropical storm or hurricane.
* Must be able to remain in stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
* Must be able to have repetitive wrist/hand/finger movement to work on computer and/or related office equipment.
* Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces.
* Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
* Communicating with others to exchange information.
Job Conditions: Frequent prolonged and irregular hours.
Lamar Expectation of Quality: Employee will support the mission of Lamar by providing high quality, professional services, timely responses and solutions to customer requests.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
EMCOR Group, Inc.
Air Liquide USA LLC