Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Post-Doc - Flavor Chemistry:
• Develop methodologies to identify and quantify critical flavor relevant compounds for the optimization of existing or the development of new tobacco or non-tobacco products including participation in bio-guided analysis, e.g. AEDA and TDA.
• Research and identify new flavor analysis methodologies and state-of-the-art analytical instrumentation. Conduct feasibility assessments and make recommendations for applicability and implementation for flavor analysis
• Develop prototypes and analytical methodologies to test new sensory concepts for the development and optimization of new and current products.
• Plan and execute sensory experiments to advance the understanding of flavor-sensory interactions in tobacco and non-tobacco products
• Conduct independent research and work as part of a cross functional team.
• Carry out literature reviews; assist with study designs and research proposals.
• Develop business driven research plans and carry out research projects
• Collect data; compile and analyze new and existing data; interpret data and form results and conclusions.
• Present research to client stakeholders.
• Prepare for and contribute to scientific engagement
• Demonstrate strong client service skills
• Proactively plan and maximize productivity
•Demonstrate strong teamwork and collaboration
.Support and promote company policies and procedures
• PhD in Flavor or Sensory Sciences
• 3+ years of experience in the isolation and analysis of organic flavor compounds (qualitative and quantitative) in complex mixtures and know-how in the development and application of various sample preparation and high resolution analytical techniques (chromatographic and spectroscopic)
• Fundamental knowledge and expertise in the area of flavor chemistry and flavor analysis applying the molecular sensory science concept, e.g. solvent assisted flavor evaporation (SAFE), gas chromatography olfactometry (GC/O), aroma extract dilution analysis (AEDA)
• Proficiency to independently design sensory and analytical experiments, analyze and interpret experimental data using medium level statistical analysis techniques and draw conclusions.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), problem-solving, leadership and multi-tasking project management skills in order to work effectively in a cross-functional team oriented-environment
• Experience analyzing large data sets and interpreting results
• Experience reviewing and summarizing literature
• Detailed-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation) along with demonstrated ability to collaborate with others.
• Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
•Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
•Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Richmond, VA are encouraged to apply.
13 minutes ago
13 minutes ago
about 1 hour ago
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc.