Posted in General Business 14 days ago.
This position may be security sensitive requiring a criminal history investigation of the final candidate.
Responsible for providing technical and administrative support for various software systems ensuring technical consistency of finished product with identified needs in order to meet business and customer needs. Adopts a cohesive software development "top down approach" strategy to deliver overall product functionality that doesn't compromise user experience.
1. Works with software architecture to ensure that collaborators' software and integration patterns are consistent with project strategy.
2. Evaluates emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices to strengthen development practices.
3. Collaborates with various teams to design, configure, and test integrations between internal systems and external vendors to ensure final product meets specified requirements.
4. Leads architecture standards that better translate strategic requirements into usable information architecture.
5. Defines and develops data migration strategies for existing systems that need to migrate to application software platforms
6. Delivers well-defined data design documentation and data models that guide and inform development teams.
7. Inspects project progress ensuring that teams stay on track for project completion.
8. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Requires an extensive knowledge of principles and practices within several professional fields. Work is broad in scope, covering one or more functional areas. Policy, procedure or precedent may actually be created and recommended by this position.
Change in Knowledge
The knowledge and technology used in the job changes frequently, requiring frequent study and training. Job may require recertification or continuing education.
Requires extensive research that involves obtaining information through the coordination of numerous different areas of expertise, typically involving resources from outside the University. Problems and/or situations analyzed are extremely complex and often unprecedented.
Impact of Decisions
Activities and decisions are highly complex. Significant independent action and judgment are required subject to university-wide policies.
Typically directs two or more levels of supervision and/or has management responsibility for multiple departments. Has a very significant level of input regarding hiring/termination decisions, performance management, salary increases and disciplinary actions and/or budget management.
Develops/implements customer related service programs.
Provides information to customers.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements.
Position is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Last updated: 05/01/2022
31 minutes ago
about 1 hour ago
about 1 hour ago