Mass General Brigham Integrated Care is a system-led operating entity formed by Mass General Brigham to develop new high quality, low cost, innovative community-based ambulatory care.This work stems from Mass General Brigham's unified system strategy to bring health care closer to patients while lowering total health care costs. MGB Integrated Care will provide a wide range of offerings, including outpatient surgery, imaging, primary care, behavioral and mental health, and specialty care, both digitally as well as at physical locations across the state and region.
We aspire to be people's first choice for health and care
- rooted in well-being and kindness -
by bringing world-class care closer to home (or at home!) and
being the bridge to world-renowned hospitals and research when needed.
We are looking for team members who possess not only the relevant skills and growth potential, but positive attitudes, flexibility, and creative mindsets to join our expanding team. Opportunities exist for team members to contribute both in their primary domain as well as in other areas of the organization.
Our core values are shared fundamental beliefs that guide our decision-making and behavior and bind us together as a team. At MGB Integrated Care, we are:
The Opportunity: Patient Registration Representative, Virtual Care (Remote)
Bravely Human: We approach our work with empathy, vulnerability, and kindness.
Clearly Honest: We seek to provide clarity amongst our teams and patients.
Proudly Collaborative: We are all part of a team - each bringing our unique talents to bear.
Intentionally Consistent: We intentionally live our purpose, providing a cohesive experience for both patients and providers.
Exceptionally Creative: We continue to learn, grow, and iterate on the ways we work.
The role of the Patient Registration Representative, Virtual Care is a critical position for the Mass General Brigham Integrated Care team. Reporting to Virtual Care Manager, this position is responsible for patient check-in, queue management, coordination with providers and registration for our virtual on demand care service. Other duties include handling patient questions, following up on patient requests, and providing general operations assistance.
What You'll Work On
The Patient Registration Representative, Virtual Care will be primarily accountable for:
- Contributes to a positive work environment and to a dynamic, team focused work unit that actively helps one another to achieve optimal department results. Collaborates with all members of the interprofessional health care team by actively communicating and reporting pertinent patient care information and data in a comprehensive manner.
- Performs patient check in/check out functions. Obtains and inputs accurate registration data to initiate financial clearance activities as needed.
- Coordinates patient flow as directed with consistency, timeliness, and expert skill while meeting appropriate priority standards. Provides appropriate notification of issues that may result in service delays or denials.
- Serves as air traffic control for the on-demand virtual care services, appropriately shifting patients within care channels.
- First point of contact for patients and providers for support with issues that arise before, during and after visits.
- Uses excellent communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, written) to facilitate providing the highest quality service during every patient, physician, guest, employee, or other encounter. Responds promptly to requests by staff, patients, physicians, and other members of the patient care team. Recognizes and responds appropriately to urgent/emergent situations per protocols.
- Generates reports and assists with department correspondence. Provides other administrative assistance as directed.
- Acts as point of contact for on-demand virtual care queue coordination with supervisors, managers and senior leadership via phone, email, Teams and face-to-face communication.
- Coordinates with department managers and supervisors during disaster recovery. Monitors and reports staff and queue status to ensure minimal impact to member care and service levels to support business continuity efforts.
- Generates and communicates new ideas and suggestions that will improve quality or service.
- Seeks opportunities to expand learning beyond baseline competencies with a focus on continual development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines while working under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
- Professional electronic (chat, email) communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality - keeping information private
- Proficient in common MS Office tools including Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Quickly adaptable to new technology
- A self-starter who can work autonomously and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrates team oriented, collaborative nature and customer service attitude.
- Professional demeanor; can interact effectively with all levels of staff and leadership as well as outside partners and guests.
- Ability to work independently exercising good judgment, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Flexible, resourceful, and resilient. Adapts quickly and happily to changing conditions, uses resources and relationships to develop solutions.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
Preferred Experience We Hope You Have:
- Epic knowledge is strongly desired
- Experience in a fast-paced primary care or urgent care practice, or an ED
- Prior work with a virtual care team
- Familiarity with basic medical terminology
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
How We'll Support You:
- Productive and positive team-based environment
- Collaborative approach to delivering high-quality relationship-centered care
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth
- Opportunities to provide feedback and contribute to innovation across iCare
: Occasional travel required
: Flexible schedule between the hours of 7 am to 11 pm, 7 days per week
: Full Time, 40 hours per week
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.