Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Engagement Center Student Representative
DAR-Ann Giving Engagement Ctr
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities, is the state's oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (https://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 15 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University's main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,700 full-time staff. The University's enrollment exceeds 39,000 students including over 30,000 undergraduates and over 9,000 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 18 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PLEASE NOTE: On December 7, 2021, the federal District Court for the Southern District of Georgia issued a preliminary injunction against enforcing the vaccine requirement for
Federal Contractors pending further review. As a result, the requirements of the Executive Order and associated guidance, including the vaccination requirement for covered contractor employees, are currently not in effect.
The University of Georgia is a Federal Contractor as defined by Presidential Executive Order 14042 and subject to the requirement that Federal Contractors must ensure that all covered employees, including those working remotely, are fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022. You may be required to show proof of your fully vaccinated status at the time of your start date, or have received a medical or religious exemption from the fully vaccinated requirement at the time of your start date. For more information regarding the Federal Contractor fully vaccinated employment requirement please visit https://coronavirus.uga.edu/executive-order/ or call (706) 542-2222.
* Serve as an ambassador for the University of Georgia in leading conversations with alumni and friends about opportunities to support UGA's philanthropic causes.
* Contact UGA alumni and friends through phone and other digital communication channels to update demographic information, share UGA's cases for support, and secure gifts for annual giving fundraising efforts.
* Work with UGA fundraisers and staff in a team environment to enhance the Engagement Center program and reach fundraising goals.
* Follow University policy regarding how to handle personal and financial information with extreme confidentiality.
* Complete training objectives and a minimum calling hourly rate of 12 hours weekly.
The Engagement Center Student Representative position serves as an ambassador for the University of Georgia's fundraising efforts. The student should be an enrolled UGA student with good standing academically and be working toward a degree. The individual should demonstrate ethical values in working with sensitive/confidential data including alumni and friends' giving history, UGA relationships, credit card information and demographic updates.
* The Engagement Center Student Representative should be enrolled toward a degree program at the University of Georgia - Athens campus and in good academic standing.
* The student will have computer related experience and will perform outlined goals through digital and traditional communication channels.
* Fulfill scheduled employment shifts and meet/exceed goals outlined by supervisor.
* Communicate (oral and written) effectively and persuasively.
* Contact UGA alumni and friends by text, phone and video, while following a scripted outline.
* Have a general interest in philanthropic operations and experience as a volunteer or fundraiser.
* Exhibit leadership, professionalism and initiative while performing duties and demonstrate professional conduct as a representative of The University of Georgia.
* Demonstrate proficiency in using a computer for data entry related to demographic updates and results from conversations.
* Participate in employee orientation and training.
* Operate in an office setting that uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, phone headsets, copiers and filing.
* Work four-hour shifts at a desk.
* Break times provide opportunities for physical movement.
* On rare occasions, there are times when a student may need to move equipment weighing 5 to 10 pounds.
* Perform work in an environment where the noise level is moderate.
For questions concerning this position or recruitment progression, please refer to the Recruitment Contact listed below. For assistance with your application or login, please email email@example.com.
about 9 hours ago
St. Mary's Health Care System
about 11 hours ago
1 day ago
The University of Georgia
FPI Management, Inc.