Posted in Other 14 days ago.
C.O.D. employees are salaried new hires that have the opportunity to enter a 14-week training program that allows them to gain exposure to the entire American Woodmark process within the framework of the different career tracks and provides a positive learning experience that will enable a fluent transition from student to employee.
* Ability to learn, actively participate in the training curriculum and complete assigned work (tours, presentations, and deliverables).
* Responsible for documenting processes, creating presentations, and delivering presentations in a team environment within the framework of strict deadlines.
* Responsible for learning about the different functional areas within AWC such as builder centers, home centers, plants, and support functions. Also, responsible for how materials and information flow through the organization within those different functional areas.
* Responsible for documenting and creating a training binder to include all work assigned during the program.
* Develop relationships with various departments and managers.
* Communicate with HR professionals on a weekly basis to determine first role and job shadowing interests.
* Acquire necessary technological and professional skills that are needed to be successful at AWC.
* Perform other tasks as directed by key managers at AWC throughout the training process.
* Ability to relocate to any location within the United States.
* Follow AWC policies and procedures in performing responsibilities.
* Maintain and promote a team spirit among all AWC personnel and team members.
* Promote CITE principles.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience and Skills
* Undergraduate degree with a class rank above 20% and/or a GPA of a 3.0 from an approved accredited college/ university.
* A background of recognized achievements through organized sports and/ or leadership and extracurricular activities.
* Excellent oral, written, and organizational skills.
* Energy and focus to be goals and results oriented
* Drive, determination, and discipline of a self-starter;
* Possess a valid and current driver's license within the United States and maintain a satisfactory driving history.
* Work habits must be consistent with and support the current AWC Vision and CITE principles.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret system requirements and design documents. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with subject matter experts and all other personnel within the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret graphs and diagrams.
Ability to define documentation project, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical documentation in written or diagram form and translate this into user documentation that is clear, concise, and accurate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds over head.
Significant travel, both in and out of town, is required. Travel is typically by company car and commercial air carrier. Hours will vary as necessitated by business. Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
about 4 hours ago
about 8 hours ago
Horizon Goodwill Industries
about 22 hours ago
The Stepping Stones Group
less than a minute ago
less than a minute ago
1 minute ago
Tremco Construction Products Group