Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Basic Job Functions:
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
Manage the detailing services so that work assigned to the location is properly detailed and coordinated with customers. Coordinate outside detailing requirements and contracts with vendors. Supervise/train new detailers. Supervise detailers and ensure performance standards are being met. Ensure that the work environment is safe and encourages productivity and a quality end product.
• Must adhere to Nucor Harris Rebar's safety programs and standards.
• Demonstrate leadership consistent with Nucor Harris Rebar's vision and values.
• Assign all detailing work for (the location) to an appropriate detailer so that detailing can be done efficiently and in accordance with customers' delivery needs.
• Oversee the productivity and work quality of the detailers to ensure efficiency, accuracy and quality of presentation.
• Manage the assignment of detailing to outside vendors so that high quality purchased detailing is obtained at fair rates.
• Manage the contacts between detailers and customers' offices or job sites so that accurate information regarding delivery requirements is always at hand and so that problems can be resolved or avoided.
• Review all extras and changes to contracts being detailed in house or by outside vendors; coordinate with sales personnel so that customers are properly advised and billed in accordance with such changes.
• Review all customer back-charges on contracts detailed in house or by outside vendors; coordinate with sales personnel so that fair and reasonable settlements can be negotiated and so that similar problems do not repeat.
• Review and approve all invoices from vendors as required.
• Manage the performance appraisal process and recommend appropriate salary adjustments as needed for all detailing personnel.
• Provide consulting services to other Nucor Harris locations as appropriate.
• Manage the recruitment, hiring, orientation and training of new detailer employees and support personnel.
• Keep apprised of any technological developments in detailing methodology and equipment, and make appropriate recommendations to management so Nucor Harris Rebar can detail as efficiently and effectively as possible.
• Produce reports as requested by management.
• Possess a thorough knowledge of CRSI and the Manual of Standard Practice.
• Perform other duties as requested by the Branch Manager.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
• Vocational certificate in CAD design/drafting issued from an accredited school or college, or equivalent
• At least ten years of experience as a rebar detailer or equivalent industry experience with at least six years' experience with the Nucor Harris detailing system (Rebar CAD) or other CAD-based detailing system
• At least three years of experience as a supervisor of detailers
• Two year technical degree from an accredited school or college
• Experience in customer relations and resolving problems or disputes
• Effective skills in communication, motivation, performance evaluation and customer service
• A basic knowledge of contract law, standard business practices and human relations
• Work schedule may include hours beyond the normal business day
• Occasional travel may be required, including overnight stay
• Must maintain strict confidentiality regarding personnel situations and certain customer and management information.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
about 20 hours ago
5 days ago
Ocean State Job Lot
6 days ago
The Pawtucket Foundation