Environmental GIS Specialist (Boston) at ERM Consulting and Engineering Inc
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
ERM is seeking an Environmental GIS Specialist to join our Boston, MA. office as an integral part of the Data Management, Modeling, and Visualization Group. Our team is growing and we are looking for self-motivated, detail-oriented people to work on a wide range of environmental projects across the globe. In this role, the successful candidate will provide GIS support and additional environmental data management support as needed. Additional tasks will include supporting team management with scheduling tasks, managing projects and writing proposals.
- Coordinate the visualization of environmental data through GIS mapping, including desktop mapping and web GIS system development.
- Work to adhere to existing GIS standards and assist in development and roll-out of new procedures.
- Support the GIS and database manager and consulting staff to upload data from laboratory, field, and historical sources.
- Communicate issues with data and recommend possible solutions.
- Collaborate with project teams to define database requirements and help develop specifications.
- Create procedures for automation, ensure consistency and update/create database documentation.
- Interact and maintain successful relationships with clients, ERM employees, and subcontractors.
- Perform and manage multiple tasks within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in a GIS or a related environmental field and a solid GIS background. Master’s degree preferred. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Recent graduate to 3 years of experience with ArcGIS. Previous experience in a consulting environment preferred. Consideration will be given to more experienced candidates that can demonstrate expertise in preferred GIS skills
- Strong understanding of GIS data structures and standards, relational databases and strong analytical skills.
- Experience with ESRI GIS products (ArcGIS Desktop and Server) is essential with specific experience with any of Model builder, Python scripting, ArcSDE and ArcGIS application development (desktop, server and mobile) preferred.
- Working knowledge of the following applications is preferred; EarthSoft’s EQuIS, MS Access, MS SQL Server.
- Experience with application development (HTML, XML, Flex, Silverlight VB/C# .NET, ASP.NET), environmental modeling (soil, groundwater etc.) or GPS would be advantageous.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter below. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a pre-interview questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting and sustainability related services. We have more than 5,000 people in over 40 countries working out of more than 150 offices. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. Over the past five years we have worked for more than 50 percent of the Global Fortune 500 delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
See Job Description