Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Job Title: Senior Manager - Scheduling and Engineering
Reports to Senior Director - Electric Operations
Reports hybrid to Binghamton, NY, along with additional locations: Ithaca, Mechanicville, Brewster, Oneonta, Liberty and Plattsburgh, NY.
The base salary range for this position is dependent upon experience and location, ranging from $134,968 - $177,146
Accountable for the performance, prioritization and overall results of the Distribution Engineering and Scheduling Groups. Identifies and resolves technical, operational and organizational problems. Lead and initiate teams for continuous process improvement by establishing clear direction and vision. Responsible for the review and adherence of the integrated master schedule of jobs to be designed under the responsibility of Electric Distribution Operations for all Capital, Maintenance, Reliability, and Customer work. Works in collaboration with the Manager of Performance and Budgets, Manager of Programs and Joint Use, Distribution Standards Group, Electric Operations Supervisors, Manager of Regional Operations, and Stores to achieve Electric Operations goals. Ensures jobs are designed in accordance with AVANGRID Integrated Distribution Construction Standards and consistent use of Integrated Compatible Units. Provides guidance on and interprets codes, standards, regulations, tariffs, and procedures. Assists with storm restoration efforts.
• Responsible for the day-to-day oversight and management of the Supervisors - Distribution Engineering, Field Planning and Integrated Planning & Scheduling. Identifies areas for continuous improvement in the design process, i.e., system enhancements. Develops strategies, goals and initiatives for the team.
• Responsible for adherence to the master schedule of design jobs and timely release of work orders for Distribution construction projects in Electric Operations. Identifies potential roadblocks or scheduling issues and communicates to Manager of Integrated Planning and Scheduling for any adjustments to the master schedule. Monitor and adjust workload/resource balance.
• Plan, organize, coordinate and control projects by providing liaison with customers, other sections, departments, vendors, government agencies, property owners, and other utilities. Review, recommend or approve major projects.
• Provide data collection and cost information for regulatory proceedings, inquiries and filings, Rate Cases and legislative initiatives.
• Review the financial models. Monitors budget in area of responsibility and oversees personnel to ensure efficient use of resources.
• Provide technical guidance in response to requests by collecting, investigating and analyzing data, testing and verifying information, and developing solutions.
• Works with Operations Supervisors on oversight of customer inquiries and complaints, equipment or operation problems, and provide guidance as necessary.
• Develops employees to enhance personal development and leadership skills.
• Evaluate the results produced by the individual/team and be accountable for the performance of the Engineering and Scheduling team.
• Promote cross functional teamwork on assigned tasks and projects.
• Promote and follow the Company policies and procedures with regard to safety, ethics and performance.
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelors degree with 7 years relevant experience preferred.
• Associates Degree with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience or
• High School/GED with the completion of the relevant progression program and 15 years relevant experience required.
• Technical and or functional expertise in Distribution Engineering and other related areas.
• Leadership traits and abilities to guide a cross functional department to success.
• Strategic thinker but understands tactical issues.
• Provides technical and witness support to regulatory for Rate Case and legislative initiatives.
• Strong project management skills.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Conceptual and forward thinking: Identifying the key aspects of complex situations and understanding the big picture.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Effective negotiation skills.
• Ability to motivate and encourage a self-directed, engaged workforce.
• Develop Self & Others
• Empower to grow
• Collaborate and Share
• Be a role model
• Focus to achieve results
• Be agile
• Technical Skills
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a medical Fit for Duty exam, background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check.
A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash.
A Motor Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle.
Avangrid is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status or class protected by federal or state law
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
AVANGRID's employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our People and Organization department at email@example.com
Job Posting End Date:
about 12 hours ago
KinderCare Education LLC
about 13 hours ago
about 13 hours ago