Pharmacy Technician General (night shift) at University of Virginia Health System
Posted in Pharmaceutical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
Are you an independent thinker who works well with others? If you want more, UVA wants you.
There are many reasons you already know UVA Health System. Our people utilize emerging technology and lead experimental treatment protocols. In fact, our healthcare makes headlines routinely.
But it's the attributes of every UVA Team Member that makes our nationally-recognized care anything but routine. Qualities such as persistence, ingenuity and initiative. These attributes create an environment of respect and responsiveness, in which your contribution counts.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Prepares and delivers medications to patients and/or nursing units under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist/licensed independent practitioner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fills and delivers medications under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist/licensed independent practitioner.
- Ensures adequate supplies are available for continuous patient care.
- Participates in the training of new employees.
- Uses appropriate computers for entry of patient information and label generation.
- Ensures quality assurance is maintained according to departmental and legal requirements.
- Operates automated dispensing devices/repackaging machine/robots/pumps.
- Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Experience: No experience required
- License/Certification: Commonwealth of Virginia Pharmacy Technician License required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
This position is full-time, nights, working 7 shifts on/7 shifts off.