Sr Mobile Applications Developer at Arthrex, Inc.
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Naples, Florida
|Title:||Sr Mobile Aps Developer|
|Division:||Arthrex, Inc. (US01)|
|Location:||INC- Naples, FL (US08)|
We are looking for a Senior Mobile Application Developer to join our growing team. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and who strives for greatness in all aspects of development from user experience and in-app animation to database performance tuning. You will be joining a talented group of software developers at a global medical device company and deliver tools that help educate and train surgeons and their staff. This is an opportunity to make an immediate and lasting impact in all phases of the mobile application development lifecycle.
Candidates must take extreme pride in delivering software that provides great value, is scalable, and easy to maintain. While we are seeking someone with a background in iOS development you will also have an opportunity to contribute to our Android applications. We work closely with backend and web developers who work with some of the latest technologies (Go, Ruby on Rails, and Docker), where you will have an opportunity to contribute as well.
•Passionate about software development, specifically mobile
•Motivated, loves to learn, and thrives in a dynamic environment
•Has a track record of building applications and bringing them to production
•Likes to take an active role in all stages of the application development: conceptualize, design, build, test, and release
•Strong Objective-C and Swift experience
•Understanding of good relational database design
•In-depth experience creating and/or consuming REST web services
•Knowledge of identity management solutions such as OAuth
•Comfortable using Git
•Experience with Agile development methodologies
Arthrex is a global medical device company and a leader in new product development and medical education in orthopaedics. As the software development team, we create innovative products to help support the company in education and research opportunities for our customers.
Main Objective: Develop, support and maintain rich, interactive and high performance software applications by writing robust code and collaborating in a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes an active part in software application development. Leads this development within the team, and makes specific architectural and code recommendations to the team.
- Maintains and enhances existing applications. The ability to diagnose and solve issues is critical.
- Comfortable and/or willing to learn all aspects of the technology stack – from client side programming to configuring the various servers that run the applications.
- Monitors applications for any abnormalities and looks for areas to improve availability and speed of the applications.
- Mentors and trains junior developers and conducts code reviews.
- Assesses new technologies, languages and software. Presents findings to both the team and business and makes recommendations on their application.
- Conducts application related training.
- Works effectively with the UX, QA and product management teams during all stages of application development – conceptualize, design, build, test, and release.
- Occasional travel for training, meetings or trade shows may be required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing web applications that are used in a production environment.
- Experience writing robust, pragmatic code following design patterns/anti-patterns.
- Advanced experience with the development and support of web and/or mobile applications using programming/scripting languages such as Ruby, Objective-C, Go, Python or Java.
- Experience creating and/or consuming REST web services.
- Advanced experience with distributed version control systems such as Git or Mercurial
- Advanced experience developing applications using a framework such as Ruby on Rails or MVC on iOS.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, preferably Scrum.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Strong iOS, Objective-C, and UIKit development skills are a plus.
- Strong Android, Java and/or C#/Xamarin development skills are a plus
- Advanced understanding of good relational database design. Experience with NoSQL data stores is a plus. Must be able to write SQL queries, and understand database concepts such as stored procedures, views and triggers.
- Knowledge of security and identity management solutions such as OAuth, certificates and encryption.
- Experience with performance tuning tools (e.g. Instruments for iOS, Chrome Web Tools, etcetera).
- Knowledgeable about web standards, W3C specifications and cross-browser/cross-platform/cross-device compatibility.
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision and strong attention to detail in a team environment.
- Requires the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Individual must be highly motivated and self-directed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn Ruby, Objective C, Go, or any language/technology required by the project.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Experience working with code editors, team collaboration software. Individual must feel comfortable using the command line. Experience with Mac OS X is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.