SCS Plant Engineering Project Engineer
Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
Location: MIRA LOMA, California
The Plant Engineering (PE) Supervisor oversees UPS assets including buildings, equipment, grounds and various facility maintenance items to ensure that equipment runs smoothly and efficiently. He/she supervises facility maintenance, housekeeping operations, environmental and labor compliance, facility safety related issues, and conveyor system reliability. This position oversees process engineering activities including identifying process issues, and working with others to identify, recommend and implement cost-effective solutions or alternative processes that improve efficiency and productivity. The PE Supervisor determines the proper corrective action for damaged or worn equipment, and supervises the scheduling of work on necessary repairs and Preventative Maintenance Inspections (PMIs). He/she audits PMI completion and physically inspects repairs each day, conducts facility inspections, identifies operational improvements, and coordinates equipment repairs to improve efficiency of package flow and safety.
The PE Supervisor is also responsible for overseeing plant engineering and process projects and activities including estimating project costs, assisting with or developing schedules, drawings, feasibility studies, and project funding requests. He/she creates and sends out bid documents and project manuals, evaluates incoming bids and project estimates, and recommends or awards contracts. This position ensures that facility appearance is maintained at an acceptable level for the most reasonable cost. The Plant Engineering Supervisor may also supervise others.
- Develop projects from concept to completion to meet Operation/District requirements.
- Maintain control of project expenditures to avoid cost overruns.
- Supervision of contractors and vendors to maintain control of project schedules and costs.
- Conducts field investigations and prepares reports for problems or issues.
- Works with project managers to assure work meets business needs, applicable codes and standards of quality.
- Inspect projects to ensure safety, environmental and contract compliance.
- Determine employee training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Project Management: Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for basic projects of short duration requiring limited coordination and resources; supports initiatives with well-defined project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; manages minimal organizational resistance to cross-functional project demands; employs project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.) appropriately.
- Estimation and Forecasting Knowledge: Specifies facts, research, and perspectives necessary to make projections; analyzes statistics and qualitative information within specified parameters; researches trends and conditions used to make projections.
- Budget Management: Demonstrates basic knowledge of finance and accounting theory and principles.
- Equipment Repair Management: Identifies nature of common problems or failures; describes impact of poorly performing equipment on operations.
- Facilities, Equipment, and Grounds Maintenance: Develops procedures and techniques for preventative maintenance of equipment; describes impact of poorly performing equipment on safety and operations.
- Facility Design: Identifies problems or inefficiencies with current buildings or plants; modifies or adjusts existing facility blueprints to resolve recurring building or plant failures; recommends new facility design specifications.
- Physical Assets Management: Demonstrates a basic knowledge of physical asset management; identifies physical resources to meet business needs; describes the appropriate use of existing physical tools, equipment, and materials.
- Vendor/Supplier Management: Identifies internal customers’ needs and vendors to meet those needs; determines costs and benefits to UPS for vendors’ products, commodities or services; creates bid proposals for vendor solicitation; analyzes vendor responses and develops recommendations for award.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering ~ Preferred
- Experience identifying internal customer needs ~ Preferred
- Experience with vendor management to meet business needs ~ Preferred
- Experience with AutoCad or similar drafting programs ~ Preferred
- Willing to travel 50% to 75% of the time ~ Preferred
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.