Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking talented Senior Compliance Advisor for our San Antonio, TX or Work @ Home facility.
Guides and facilitates cross-functional teams in the strategy development and implementation of compliance solutions. Independently performs complex work assignments and problem resolution within a CoSA and enterprise-wide projects.
- Serves as the subject matter expert to ensure documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy. Synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s), and provides recommendations that influence business solutions. Fosters cooperation across team and organizational units. Builds consensus and morale through understanding of underlying team dynamics and by promoting development of team relationships.
- Provides compliance input on business action plans, projects or operational requests. Provides insight and guides management on issues. Utilizes strong leadership and collaboration skills interacting with project teams, regulatory agencies, and team members. Responsible for project management by leading and influencing cross-functional enterprise or compliance teams.
- Ensures proper implementation of business requirements and identifies outstanding compliance issues. Identifies potential compliance risks and coordinates with appropriate Compliance staff. Reviews implementation planning for new laws and regulations and ensures appropriate parties have been engaged. Leads efforts to improve standardization and efficiency of responses to regulators.
- Applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products and processes. Offers recommendations and makes project related decisions within scope of work assignment. Develops and delivers all types of messages effectively. Conveys information and position clearly, concisely, logically and in an organized manner.
- Serves as a mentor to peers and team members for assigned area of responsibility. Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of an unusual nature. Mentors and enhances compliance staff knowledge competencies. Demonstrates awareness of personal leadership style and works to achieve quality results by motivating and inspiring highly skilled team of compliance professionals.
- 6+ years of related compliance or risk management work experience.
- Bachelor's degree or an additional 4 years Compliance or Risk management work experience.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 6+ years of related compliance or risk management work experience within a financial institution.
- 1+ years subject matter expertise in third party compliance or risk management.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/23/17 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.