Accountant I - Tax (Champaign) at SUPERVALU Inc
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Prepares, reviews and analyzes financial information to provide accurate and useful information to clients, co-workers and management. Review and assist in the preparation of tax returns.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Prepares and reviews income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements and various other accounting statements and reports.
- Analyzes and collects financial reports and records; making recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Prepares, adjusts and closes journal entries. Posts and balances subsidiary ledgers or accounts. Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Assists in evaluating, recommending, maintaining and monitoring appropriate internal controls. Also assists with the maintenance of internal control documentation.
- Interacts with internal and external stakeholders in responding to inquiries or report requests.
- Conducts special studies and develops or recommends accounting methods and procedures.
- Coordinates accounting matters with other departments and locations.
- Reconciles and reviews assigned accounts. Reconciles bank accounts.
- Review and assist in the preparation of all types of corporate, individual, trust, and estate tax returns.
- Evaluate and recommend specific options to minimize tax liability for clients’ personal and/or business accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, or Associate’s degree in Accounting required with equivalent work experience.
- Minimum two to four years’ experience in all facets of income taxation desired.
- One to two years of Financial Accounting experience desired.
- CPA Certification, Enrolled Agent designation, and/or Public Accounting experience desired.
- QuickBooks experience desired.
- Experience with Excel and Word applications in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills. High level of professionalism, communication, and organizational skills also essential.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills essential; ability to analyze, interpret and report financial data.
- Ability to work effectively and represent the company’s interest with both internal and external stakeholders. Acts resourcefully to ensure that work is completed within specified time and quality parameters.
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.