Game Economist - Central Technology at Activision Publishing Inc
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Foster City, California
Activision is seeking an Economist capable of applying
academic and business principles to test, learn, iterate, and improve in-game
experiences for players as it relates to virtual currency, monetization, game
design and player engagement. You'll be running field experiments, determining
causal inference, modeling demand, and building simulations of complex in-game
Reporting to a Senior Director with an Economics Ph.D., you’ll reside in a game
development studio as part of an internal consulting team.
• Support econometric analysis of experimental and observational data
• Run field experiments to draw insights about player behavior
• Build models to forecast revenue and simulate player activity
Develop metrics and monitor the health of a live multimillion-dollar service
• Work together with game designers to improve the balancing and inner workings
of game economies
• Recent PhD in economics; may consider Master’s Degree with advanced technical
• Specialization in either applied econometrics, experimental economics,
Mastery of analysis software such as R, Matlab, or Python
Candidate must have ability to apply training to real-world issues, meet
real-world deadlines, and work collaboratively with non-technical peers
Love for deep, complex games
Please include a cover letter along with an updated resume.