Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer- Dry End at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Architecture 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Muskogee, Oklahoma
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia Pacific’s Consumer Products Group is seeking qualified professionals for Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer opportunities to support the dry end of the mill in Muskogee, OK. The Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer will be involved with increasing the effectiveness of the asset group by improving reliability, work processes, equipment performance, and team member capabilities.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Managing and executing Georgia-Pacific’s reliability and asset strategies
- Providing strategic and tactical leadership in the areas of safety, asset reliability, cost optimization, maintenance spending and budget, quality capability, productivity and strategic capital planning and execution
- Facilitating zone ownership strategy by transferring ownership to technicians to operate, maintain and improve
- Providing technical expertise and transferring knowledge to Technicians, Precision Technicians, Performance Leaders, Skill Builders and the Asset Availability Leader (AAL)
- Verifying skills of others in the team system and addressing knowledge and performance gaps in their technical center
- Leading the continuous improvement effort to improve productivity, yield, quality, and/or reduce costs
- Creating an environment where the team achieves zero incidents in the Environmental, Health and Safety performance metric
- Spending significant time with team members in the production areas
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an Engineering field with one (1) or more year of experience in a manufacturing environment OR five (5) or more years of experience in an engineering, project management, reliability, or asset strategy role in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- Five (5) or more years of experience working within a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing tools
- Experience with paper converting equipment
- Equipment and/or manufacturing systems reliability or maintenance experience
- Project engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Leadership experience i.e. leading projects, leading a team, etc.
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf