Student Affairs Advisor at West Coast University
Posted in Education 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Los Angeles, California
West Coast University (WCU), a private university with the singular focus of educating health care professionals, is currently seeking a Student Affairs Advisor for our Los Angeles campus in North Hollywood, CA. This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to join a growing university as we expand our academic programs in health care and related fields.
Serving as the primary point of contact for all campus students during their academic career, and reporting to the Director, Student Affairs, the Student Affairs Advisor is the principal advising resource for students and is responsible for enhancing the students’ overall University experience by helping them utilize the University academic and support services.
- Through collaboration with students, faculty, and associates, the Student Affairs Advisor will identify students who need additional assistance to be successful and work to proactively address areas of concern as students strive to achieve their educational goals.
- The Student Affairs Advisor will also coordinate and manage student relations activities such as: student persistence, retention, and satisfaction strategies.
- In addition, the Student Affairs Advisor is responsible for assisting with the facilitation and implementation of developmental programs to support students throughout their WCU education.
- This role requires the ability to work with multiple campus constituencies including Administration, Faculty, Admissions, Financial Aid, and Registrar staff and other applicable associates and campus leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree in education, administration, business management, student personnel, psychology, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of two years previous experience in student services.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry or direct experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience and skill in interpersonal communications and conflict resolution techniques/procedures.
- Proficient command of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and correct usage of the English language.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Knowledge of applicable databases and computer application systems to supply the most accurate information, reports and projections.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as Title IV, Title IX, ADA, WASC, BPPE, and other accreditation standards.
- Health, dental and vision plan
- Vacation, sick and holiday schedule
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Long/short term disability and more.
To learn more about West Coast University and apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit our website: www.westcoastuniversity.edu
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.