Senior Scientist (Product and Process Science) at CooperVision
Posted in Science 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: JUANA DIAZ, Puerto Rico
CooperVision, a unit of The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE:COO), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses and related products and services. The Company produces a full array of monthly, two-week and daily disposable contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism and presbyopia; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers. For more information, visit www.coopervision.com
JOB TITLE: Senior Scientist (Product and Process Science)
DEPARTMENT: Technical Innovations
Manages the execution of moderate to high complexity Projects through its Life Cycle. Included (but not limited to) in FAIRLY High Complexity Projects are: Transfer of Relatively New (Not Mature) Product/Processes and/or Fully automated/high volume type processes, equipment and/or process improvements.
• Product Stability Program
• Processing Set up for New Lines
• Detailed Plant & Logistics-for New Process Development
• New Process Confirmation
• Materials Characterization
• Test Method Development & Validation
• Material, Raw Materials, Lens Enhancements
• New Materials Development
• Experimental Studies for New Technology
• Formulations enhancements
• Packaging solutions enhancements
• Monomer Mixture Process & Hydration
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Equipment Transfer
• Training for Product Transfer
• Equipment Installation for New Lines
• Training for Product Transfer
• Project Design and Master Planning for New Process Development
• Project and Product Definition, Design and Equipment & Process Design for New Product
• Material Procurement
• Generating Quality Plan
• Designing Verification and Validation for New Product
• Patent Review
• Primary packaging enhancements
• Packaging and Sealing Process
• Final Packaging
• Product Assessment for Product Transfer
• Processing Validation and Project Detailed Plant & Logistics- New lines
• New Manufacturing Line Validation
• Designing Control
• Patent Review (New Product Development & Implementation)
• Process & Equipment Qualification
• Developing new business opportunities to optimize capacity utilization
• Analyzing new business opportunities scenarios
• Designing innovative alternatives with profit center approach
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Leadership skills
• Technical writing skills
• Knowledge of QSR regulation
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Good communication skills
• Knowledge of chemical laboratory methods and techniques.
• Computer knowledge (MS Suite)
• Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP, part 58) and GMP
• Safety regulation knowledge (OSHA) and chemical reagents management as per MSDS
• Ability to work overtime and weekends when necessary
• Generally, works in a closed environment, in office conditions, with moderate level of noise and controllable changes of temperature.
• Needs to stand, walk and may be seated for a long period.
• Uses hands to feel, handle, and reach.
• Performs light physical effort with little exposure to adverse conditions.
• Could be required to travel.
• Works with a personal computer and programs to prepare documents or reports.
• Applies communication skills (advanced reading, writing, and technical skills) and mathematical concepts knowledge to perform work and coordinate with others.
• Needs to have high analytical capacity and level of professionalism and judgement to resolve problems.
• Bachelor degree in a Chemical or Physical science
• MS in a Chemical or Physical Science preferred
• At least four years of experience of relevant industrial experience, or a master degree with at least two years of relevant industrial experience
• Experience in pharmaceutical or medical device industries preferred.
• Experience in R&D, process development, and/or product development
• Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Strong experience in laboratory analytical equipment and troubleshooting (e.g. HPLC, GC, TOC, IR, UV, rheometer, Instron, etc.)
• Experience in SOP development, method validations and equipment qualification
• Experience in the transfer and introduction of new processes, products, and/or technology; preferred
CooperVision’s management team is committed to the development of and implementation of the quality management system and maintaining its effectiveness by communicating to the organization the importance of meeting customer as well as statutory and regulatory requirements.