Investment Service Specialist II, Service at Edward Jones
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tempe, Arizona
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work. A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Join the Service Division at Edward Jones and join 400 other associates who have a passion for helping and answering questions from our Financial Advisors, Branch Office Administrators and/or clients through phone calls or written requests by understanding needs, tailoring the solution to ensure the most effective outcome, all while demonstrating a spirit of caring.
The Service Division offers a great working environment for those seeking a professional part-time or full-time opportunity as a service associate in a contact center. The Service Division's mission is to provide timely answers, guidance, and support for our clients, branch teams and home office associates to enable an ideal client experience. Associates hired into the Service Division will spend their first 2 – 4 months focused on learning their role and getting to know their team members. Each new associate is assigned a trainer, coach, and team leader. These individuals will all play a role in helping you acclimate to the company and become proficient in your role.
As you become more proficient and as business needs change within the Service Division, associates have the opportunity and may be asked to move to other areas in the division to learn more topics. You would gain a broader understanding of the work done at Edward Jones to support our clients and have the opportunity to take on more responsibility supporting our branch teams and clients.
Core hours of operation for most departments within the Service Division are Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm Central Time, with occasional Saturdays. Schedule assignments will vary depending on business need within each department.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable serving as a phone service representative and spending a great deal of time answering phone calls. If you have customer service experience, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are ready for a rewarding career in the financial industry, this may be a great opportunity for you.
- Answers non-routine incoming calls and/or written correspondence from branches, clients or third parties utilizing multiple information sources to respond
- Maintains performance standards and expectations while contributing to department initiatives
- Completes necessary training and keeps up-to-date on changes in processes or information necessary to do the job
- Identifies opportunities and issues to ensure continuous improvement
- Collaborates with other team members to achieve appropriate resolutions
- A strong service background with 2 – 3 years of industry experience preferred
- A bachelor's degree is strongly preferred but not required
- Series 7 required and Series 63/65 or 66 preferred, Series 66 would need to be obtained within 4 weeks of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven problem-solving and analytical skills
- Motivated, energetic, and results driven
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving, able to quickly learn and apply new information
- Passion for helping others get to a fast and easy resolution
- Adapts to change, flexible, and comfortable taking on new things and learning new work
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn and apply technical information