Assistant Merchandiser at Perry Ellis International Inc.
Posted in Art 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Miami, Florida
Perry Ellis International is seekikng an Assistant Merchandiser to manage the development and execution of fashion product in accordance with agreed upon design, pricing and brand strategy.
- Maintain design calendar and development process with merchandiser to ensure timely completion.
- Participates in merchandising strategies and seasonal line plans to build profitable assortments that will meet internal margin goals.
- Helps to prepare national marketing strategies to finalize pricing and margins with sales, planning, sourcing and management
- Works closely with merchandiser and director of merchandising as well as design director to monitor assortments and maintain consistent brand image
- Learn to understand target customer….shop retail stores to provide competitive analysis to enhance brand strategies and opportunities
- Interface with all functional areas of the business (design, sales, sourcing, marketing) to maintain successful workflow
- Learn to analyze retail sales with planning and design team to identify opportunities
- Support sales staff in all design related needs
- Work with marketing department to ensure brand image is consistent
- Keep past, current and upcoming seasons assortment and merch costing sheets updated with latest pricing and margins
- Upload LDPs into Citrix merch costing system
- Coordinate meetings dates and times
- BA or BS Degree
- 2 years retail buying or wholesale experience
- Proficient in MS Office and Google
- Knowledge of retail math
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to interact with varying personalities
See Job Description