Traffic Control/Flagger NC at APAC-Atlantic Inc
Posted in Construction 20 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Candler, North Carolina
State: North Carolina
Postal/Zip Code: 28715
Since 1947, Harrison Construction Company, an Oldcastle Materials company, has been the preferred source for ground-level site construction throughout eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina. Committed to quality, service and safety, our integrated products and services enable us to build and manage site development projects from concept through construction. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top five ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Traffic Control/Flagger - NC
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, HARRISON CONSTRUCTION has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Employee will implement proper control of traffic for safe movement and protection of road crew and the public. Implementation of traffic control crew instructions and safety standards per state and federal safety policy requirements.
- Must partner with other crewmembers to setup and provided traffic control plan specifications as instructed by Traffic Control Supervisor and/or crew foreman to ensure daily schedules/estimates are met.
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level.
- Attitude/Cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, public.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/state work may be required.
- Physical ability to move traffic control equipment, stand and walk under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift 8-12 hours.
- Must be properly trained in flagging techniques, alert, good eyesight, quick reflexes, promote good public relations and have thorough understanding of the work zone.
- May perform other related traffic control duties, such as installing, setting in place, and repairing traffic signals, erecting signs and traffic devices such as traffic islands and barriers.
- Ability to physically withstand labor and long hours associated with heavy highway construction.
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion.
- Ability to adhere to personal protective equipment (PPE) policy and maintain individual PPE in functional condition.
- Must pass drug test and criminal background check.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Harrison Construction Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE / M / F / Vet / Disability
Harrison Construction Company is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.