Systems Administrator 2 at GA Dept of Banking & Finance
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chamblee, Georgia
Under general supervision, installs, configures, and supports the local/wide area network, systems, servers, computers and mobile devices. Performs necessary maintenance to support network availability, and on a continuing basis provides user training and support either by phone, remote access or site visit.
- Designs, configures, and tests computer hardware, networking software and operating system software
- Diagnoses hardware and software problems, replace defective components
- Escalates problems to vendor and/or developer for advanced debugging or software correction
- Evaluates new technologies or solutions to improve service and efficiency of systems
- Monitors network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made
- Operates consoles to monitor performance of the computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use
- Performs data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Performs routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records
- Plans, coordinates, and implements network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware
Prepares user instructions and documentation for the installation and operation of software and software upgrades
Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of related experience OR Associate's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND Three years of related experience OR Five years of related experience OR One year of experience at the lower level Systems Administrator 1 (ITP040) or position equivalent.