Licensing Manager at Perry Ellis International Inc.
Posted in Art 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Perry Ellis International is a global company with a dynamic licensing business across multiple brands. The company is looking for an entrepreneurial, design-driven Licensing Manager to optimize the performance of existing Licensees for women’s brands and heritage brands as well as support new business development efforts to expand their global footprint and revenue. As a Licensing Manager, you will serve as the key, day-to-day liaison with existing Licensees, as well as work on sourcing, developing and closing License Agreements that add to the company’s roster of partners. Unlike traditional licensing management positions, you will also be deeply immersed in the product development process, both providing creative direction as well as handling approvals. You will coordinate with divisional marketing teams to generate materials; promotions and activation that drive brand awareness and revenue growth for each of the brand’s you manage.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with licensees to develop annual marketing, business and marketing plans in keeping with revenue targets and budgets
- Supporting Licensing Management in ensuring Licensee adherence to contractual obligations
- Communicating seasonal trend, color, fabric direction to licensees. Highlight potential product extensions and growth opportunities
- Driving and documenting all product approvals; coordinate with divisional design teams or approve product as appropriate based on each brand.
- Reviewing sell through and coordinate findings with design team with an eye to develop plans to improve seasonal performance
- Serving as the key interface between divisional marketing teams and each licensee. Advocate for marketing and promotional support across, and for, all brand Licensees.
- Conducting initial research on potential licensees. Attending local trade shows to recruit/develop opportunities; following up on leads as needed.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- College Degree; Design Degree desirable
- 3+ years licensing experience for a fashion/retail company
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of fabrics, color, trend in men’s and women’s apparel and accessories and general industry/market awareness
- Self-starter capable of diversified duties from creative to administrative.
- Able to prioritize and multitask
- Must be meticulous, good organizational skills
- Knowledge of Excel, Photoshop & Illustrator required
See Job Description