VAVE Engineer/Design Release Engineer at Aptiv
Posted in Architecture 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Troy, Michigan
Moving Mobility Forward
Aptiv is making mobility real. We're at the forefront of solving mobility's toughest challenges. We have the people, experience, know-how and confidence to turn ideas into solutions. Solutions that move our world from what's now to what's next, while connecting us like never before. To us, nothing is impossible when you have the people with the passion to make anything possible. Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility.
Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here's your opportunity. Join the technology company that's transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions, which enable the future of mobility. Headquartered in Gillingham, England, Aptiv has 147,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers, in 45 countries. Visit aptiv.com
We're hiring a VAVE/Design Release Engineer who will be responsible for leading cost savings initiatives. Leading cross functional teams to develop cost savings Ideas. Located onsite at Nissan Technical site in Farmington Hills, MI (no relocation offered within the USA).
- Track cost savings ideas
- Create and develop cost savings ideas for the wiring harness including associated component.
- Present cost savings status to Customer team
- Schedule team workshops to generated ideas
- Conduct benchmarkingcompetitive analysis for EDS system
- Travel required - 20%.(Mainly US and Mexico plant sites)
- Provide technical development support and design verification for wiring harnesses
- Meet project deliverables and monitor execution of program plan for wiring harnesses
- Support vehicle launches at OEM assembly plant
- Participate in manufacturing reviews at product facility
- Release blueprints thru the costumers process
- Coordinate design change implementation
- Provide design solutions
- Understand cost impacts to designs and provide details for discussion to the customer
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
- Bachelors in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years' experience in Automotive wiring
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Excel (heavy use for presentations/pivot tables)
- Knowledge of Automotive Electrical Architecture and vehicle layout
- 3+ years of DRE experience
- Knowledge of wire harness manufacturing
- Understanding of wire harness components and materials
Traits we seek:
Aptiv Rewards & Advantages:
Apply Online Ready to take the first step?