Asphalt QC Technician NC at APAC-Atlantic Inc
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Candler, North Carolina
State: North Carolina
Postal/Zip Code: 28715
Since 1947, Harrison Construction Company, an Oldcastle Materials company, has been the preferred source for ground-level site construction throughout eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina. Committed to quality, service and safety, our integrated products and services enable us to build and manage site development projects from concept through construction. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top five ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
ASPHALT QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, HARRISON CONSTRUCTION has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Responsible for sampling asphalt product to ensure product meets required specifications. Partners and coordinates daily/weekly scheduling with APAC management, plant personnel and crewmembers, as well as, DOT inspectors to obtain necessary samples and mix designs.
- Perform (Asphalt Quality Control Test) in lab or on Roadway, compile test data and have an understanding of test data in order to make Plant or Roadway adjustments
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level
- Attitude/cooperation: always maintaining courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers and public.
- Ability to follow specifications set by TDOT/NCDOT
- Ability to work as a team member and alone
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to work with chemicals
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/or state work may be required
- Ability to adhere to PPE (personal protective equipment) policy and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition as supplied by company
- Must have valid driver’s license and pass APAC Defensive Driving Course/APAC Driver Qualifications Standard in order to operate Company vehicles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical ability to work in hot, dusty locations
- Must be able to adapt and work in extreme weather temperatures
- The following motions will be required: stretching, stooping, bending, squatting, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, kneeling, throwing, walking, hammering, standing, reaching, rubbing surfaces, squatting may occupy most of work day
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs for repetitious lifting while using proper lifting techniques.
- Will be exposed to extremes of heat or cold weather.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred, with the ability to interpret and apply verbal and/or written instructions in English
- Mathematical skills required and must be able to calculate percentages and precise measurements.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Prior experience in asphalt lab, production, and/or lay-down preferred
- Current NCDOT Lab Tech Certification preferred
- Current NCDOT Mix Design Certification preferred
- Current NCDOT Roadway Certification preferred
- Density gauge experience preferred
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Harrison Construction Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Harrison Construction Company is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.