Equipment Engineer 1 at Illumina, Inc.
Posted in Architecture 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
As an Equipment Engineer I at Illumina Madison, you will provide support to manufacturing and development departments through instrument support, validation, troubleshooting, and corrective/preventative maintenance for a wide array laboratory, pilot plant, and production scale manufacturing equipment Illumina utilizes.
- Create, document, and execute maintenance programs to provide continually improving overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) following cGMP/GLP guidelines
- Respond to equipment related issues in a timely and intelligent manner while documenting events in accordance with the site quality system
- Work with engineers to develop and implement procedures to reduce or eliminate sources of systematic equipment failures
- Author technical and instructional documents including SOPs and aid in training the end user as needed
- Work with cross functional teams to create and execute validation of equipment, methods, and processes
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams locally, nationally, and internationally to exchange best practices, develop or align processes, and complete projects
- Install new equipment or assist in the construction of new instruments
- Work with vendors to improve support for manufacturing instruments and ensure that all work performed by external contractors is completed and documented in accordance with the site quality system requirements
- Safely perform job tasks that may include dangerous chemicals and energized system requiring lock out tag out
- Perform basic computer troubleshooting and repair functions
- Basic understanding circuit analysis, electromechanical devices, and sensors
- Computer trouble-shooting and repair (preferred experience with Microsoft Windows)
- Ability to communicate and document equipment issues
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly and adapt to changing priorities
- Optimistic when faced with setbacks
- Good oral and written communication
Preferred (Desired but not required)
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and six sigma methodologies including continuous improvement and root cause analysis
- Experience with or an understanding of Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) procedures
- Experience with factory automation software and hardware
- Experience creating, reading, and editing flowcharts and engineering drawings including mechanical, electrical, and P&ID drawings
- B.S. degree in Engineering or related technical area
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf