Registered Nurse (RN) - Telemetry- Sign On Bonus Available-Baton Rouge -7p - 7a at Ochsner
Posted in Nurse 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Ochsner Health System has been providing high-quality clinical and hospital patient care to Louisiana residents since 1942. Our healthcare family—today, comprising more than 18,000 employees and and over 1,100 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties—is driven by our commitment to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, and that passion is shared with every person who passes through our doors.
This job is considered a leader in the provision of patient care utilizing the Nursing Process within the framework of the Nurse Practice Act, ANA Code for Nurses and Scope & Standards of Practice. The RN effectively delegates, directs and assists licensed and ancillary team members; assumes accountability for quality patient outcomes; exhibits sensitivity to cultural, ethnic and religious diversity in all interactions; maintains involvement in activities aimed toward the achievement of unit and the department’s strategic goals and objectives and demonstrates professional responsibility and accountability for his/her own practice and supports Ochsner’s philosophy of nursing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at Ochsner's discretion.
Required - Registered Nurse Diploma
Preferred - Associates or Bachelor's degree in Nursing
Required – None
Required - Current RN License in the state of practice
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association
Preferred - Certification in clinical specialty area
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good time management skills and self-directed
- Demonstrates good judgement
- Effectively uses the Nursing Process in the delivery of patient care.
- Assesses learning needs and implement teaching strategies appropriate for the diverse needs of the patient, family and other groups or disciplines.
- Communicates, delegates and manages nursing team resources (human and fiscal) properly and serves as a leader and partner on the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Utilizes data, information and knowledge to evaluate and promote change in order to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Embraces concepts and behaviors that enhance customer satisfaction and employee morale and improvement in the profession of nursing.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
Other related duties as required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Remains knowledgeable on current federal, state and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements that apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws, regulations and standards.
Complies with the Ochsner Health System Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Heavy Work - Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Sedentary Work. Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible. NOTE: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
The incumbent works in a patient care area; works in an area where patients enter; works directly with patients; and/or works with specimens that could contain communicable diseases. There may be an occupational risk for exposure to communicable diseases.