Designer at Emerging Tech Media Publication
Posted in Design 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
A major tech news is looking fo a talented designer who is eager to tackle assignments for social media and digital platforms as well as design work for their award-winning magazine. This position reports to the Creative Director.
• Collaborate with editors to conceptualize and execute page designs for magazine articles. This may include creating and commissioning illustrations.
• Work with the social media team to create illustrations that are tailored for mobile devices. These ideas are often developed and executed within the same day.
• Serve as the primary designer for some digital assignments.
• You may work with the social media team, photo editors, or other designers to help refine and improve their ideas.
• Interest in creating engaging design for mobile audiences
• Good typographic and layout skills
• Some illustration experience
• Experience using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Experience using Sketch a plus
• Basic CSS is a plus
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
• Comfortable commissioning illustrators and art-directing them as needed.