Sr. Back End Engineer at CardinalHire
Posted in Architecture 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
Our client is bringing a novel, data-driven approach to helping brands tell stories that are relatable and personalized with a platform that solves the content creation problem through a diverse community of photographers, videographers, models, influencers and more. They're growing fast and want to add great people that want to tackle this challenge to their hard working and passionate team!
Our client is looking for a talented and experienced engineer that can meet their high technical bar, wants to take over the backend of the platform, and is a great fit for their open, driven, and collaborative team culture. Join our client's small but growing engineering, design and product teams by making a significant impact as they tackle challenging problems and innovate for great brands and talented content creators across the world!
As a Senior Backend Engineer at our client's startup, you'll be responsible for:
- Building and architecting backend frameworks and components to support our client's growing team of engineers
- Helping to keep the codebase maintainable, extensible and well tested
- Implementing standards and practices to improve and maintain code quality
- Extending infrastructure to analyze and store large amounts of data
- Developing and improving systems (e.g., machine learning) to recommend and predict content ROI
- Maintaining both private and public APIs
- Optimizing database queries and access
- Ensuring good deployment practices are always in place
- Implementing best practices for security and data privacy
- Taking ownership of a major part of the codebase and shipping code regularly!
What our client is looking for from you:
- A smart and driven developer that is motivated to build a great codebase
- Great communication skills and a desire to collaborate with the team
- Experience with Python and one of Django or Google App Engine
- Technical degree (though brilliant dropouts are welcome!)
- Attention to detail and a good general sense of design
- Understanding of software design patterns and practices
- An obsession with uptime and code correctness
- Experience with build managers and unit testing
- Deep experience with building web applications
- An understanding of database design and performance
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with enterprise software, marketing and advertising tech, e-commerce products, or photo and video content creation
- Have previous experience working at startup
- Are willing and able to work full stack when developing application features
About Our Client:
Our client solves the massive problem that faces every consumer business of how to produce, track and optimize branded content across the web. The platform makes the process of collaborating with photographers, models and other creatives more seamless and scalable than ever before while also providing the infrastructure to constantly learn and target the right content for the right person through the right channel. Founded in 2014, our client is a fast growing Series A funded startup backed by investors in Domo, Marketo, Dropbox, Google, and Uber.