Foreman, Operations - Plant Nutrient at The Andersons Inc
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Montgomery, Alabama
- Lead the activities of a larger operations team including tasks, projects and production plans
- Hire, organize, direct, control, and evaluate the daily activities of all team members within the assigned area of responsibility
- Facilitate good communication and ongoing follow-up on issues that require attention.
- Ensures efficient use of labor and equipment
- Coordination with the Maintenance Department on all necessary scheduled and preventative maintenance requirements to ensure efficient operations and to minimize downtime.
- Performs basic resource scheduling activities
- This position will be responsible for up to 30 direct reports
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Has developed proficiency in a range of processes or procedures through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience
- Completes a variety of atypical assignments
- Works within defined processes and procedures or methodologies and may help determine the appropriate approach for new assignments
- Works with a limited degree of supervision
- Acts as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, Associate’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience required
Physical Requirements and Working Environment
- Must be able to stand/sit for an extended period of time
- Ability to frequently lift/push/pull up to 60 pounds
- Must be able to climb/stoop/kneel at heights up to 100 feet
- Works indoors and outdoors in varying weather conditions and temperatures
- Working conditions could include: dust, fumes, moderate noise and uneven surfaces
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. The Andersons, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace. The Andersons, Inc. is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.