Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Haven, Connecticut
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Clinical Bed Manager is responsible for oversight of all patient admissions, discharges and transfer activity while monitoring capacity both currently and prospectively. The position is responsible for facilitating continuous throughput of patients from all points of entry by utilizing effective verbal communication, reviewing technology that supports bed placement activities, swift clinical decision making, and deployment of ancillary services. The Clinical Bed Manager is the liaison between all points of entry (ED, PACU/OR, direct admissions, transfers from other healthcare facilities), the administrator on call, the Off Shift Executive, Patient Service Managers, physicians, and inpatient bed resources throughout the institution with exception of YPH/Psych. The Clinical Bed Manager oversees bed management admitting associate functions in relation to decision making supporting patient throughput and safe patient flow. The position collaborates with administrators and clinical management to identify, implement and evaluate processes to support the efficient, safe throughput of all patients.
* 1. Patient Throughput
* 1.1 Be point of contact to communicate with physicians and nurses throughout the institution regarding emergency, elective, and direct admissions and availability to support timely placement.
* 2. Hospital Objectives
* 2.1 Implements and monitors clinically and fiscally responsive hospital program philosophies, goals, and objectives to address specific issues and support throughput efforts.
* 3. Fiscal Management
* 3.1 Evaluates all throughput and bed resource utilization for potential implementation of cost effective changes.
* 4. Resource Management
* 4.1 In conjunction with Patient Service Managers, Off Shift Executives, Directors of Patient Services, and ED Clinical Management develop, implement, and monitor systems that will trend shift census, acuity and staffing in order to more effectively handle patient volume.
* 5. Clinical Resource
* 5.1 Directs clinical management/OSE to assist with clinical consultation in relation to patient needs related to bed management processes.
* 6. Organizational Leadership
* 6.1 Collaborates with clinical leadership and management to define, reduce, and eliminate barriers within the system which may negatively effect patient throughput/efficient delivery of care.
* 7. Customer Satisfaction
* 7.1 Ensures smooth functioning of the bed management process in order to reduce wait times and avoid unnecessary movement of patients.
Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing required. Masters preferred. Current CT RN Nursing license required.
A minimum of five years experience in a clinical environment, preferably intensive care/emergency department nursing with a minimum of three years demonstrated leadership/supervisory/management experience required., RN
Demonstrated ability to direct and triage in a highly fluid dynamic operational environment. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and assess and triage clinical critical patient needs. Excellent prioritization and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to implement, support and effectively monitor change required. Ability to collaborate with all layers of the management/administrative team. Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications.