Floor Technician at Servicon Systems, Inc.
Posted in Other 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Hawthorne, CaliforniaJob Description:
Servicon Systems, Inc.
Servicon Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Category Floor Care/Floor Tech
Shift Days Monday - Friday
Shift Hours(Start) 11:00 PM
Shift Hours (End) 7:00 AM
Work Schedule Options 5/40
Overtime Eligible Yes
Relocation Eligibility No
Travel Required None
Background Requirements Criminal, Credit
Citizenship Must be able to provide proof of work authorization
Clearance (Live Scan) No
Security Clearance Status None
Security Clearance Type Not Required
Since 1976, Servicon's flagship service - custodial services for complex and high-end environments - has been the cornerstone of our business. With more than 35 years of building and sustaining long-term relationships with our clients, we take great pride in tailoring solutions that provide real and measureable ROI and an unmatched client experience.
Originating with aerospace and military installations and expanding into commercial, public and institutional markets in the 1980s, Servicon is also a nationally recognized leader in sustainability, and is CIMS GB certified. We service more than 100 million square feet daily, and down to every inch, we promise to create the clean and healthy environment that your business needs to thrive.
Directly responsible for performing floor care cleaning services, window cleaning, and general janitorial duties according to client and company standards and values; providing quality workmanship in a timely and effective manner, ensuring punctuality, safe practice, and compliance to company procedural floor care processes; maintaining floor care equipment; and completing work assignments in detail to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Understand and practice all client and Servicon Safety programs, promoting safety as a culture to team members and wearing all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work.
- Proficient in performing various types of floor care work including but not limited to: stripping/refinishing hard surface floors, carpet care/extraction, and operating highly-specialized floor care equipment.
- Perform work assignments as directed and in compliance with Servicon's floor care procedures/processes.
- Inspect assigned area while performing duties and after work has been completed to verify that all work has been done in compliance with site-specific procedures and client's Scope of Work (SOW).
- Ensure all supplies are stocked and available, equipment is clean and in good operating order, and/or report malfunctioning equipment in a timely manner.
- Track inventory/equipment, provide feedback to the direct manager, and monitor utilization to ensure efficient and cost-effective use.
- Drive a company vehicle to perform assigned duties (if required at job site). In which case, all company and client driving regulation and policies must be followed. Floor Technician is responsible for informing immediate manager if driving privileges have been lost or license has expired.
- Other jobs and duties as identified or assigned as needed.
- 2 years of floor technician experience is preferred
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Extensive floor care product knowledge
- Working knowledge of multiple hard floor surfaces (marble, granite, VCT, etc.)
- Working knowledge of carpet cleaning procedures (shampooing, extracting, bonneting)
- Ability to perform window cleaning and power washing duties
- Proficient verbal / written communication skills (Spanish a plus)
- Planning / scheduling, problem solving
- Time management skills
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, delegate and follow-up