Reliability Advancement Engineering Specialist at TimkenSteel Corporation
Posted in Engineering 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: CANTON, Ohio
Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel. We are a modern-day startup company with nearly 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We manufacture some of the world’s cleanest alloy steel using state-of-the-art technologies to help customers push the bounds of what’s possible. And we rely on our core values – ethics and integrity, quality, innovation and independence – to create steel products and services to solve the world’s toughest challenges.
• Leads teams to develop ideas directed at optimized asset performance, including but not limited to asset standardization, qualifications for internal/external repairs, asset specifications, replacement strategies, criticality assessment process, elimination of repeat asset failures, and lowering Total Lifecycle Costs.
• Analyzes complex data with multiple goals: monitoring current processes, development of new KPIs, data mining for continuous improvement opportunities, cost/benefit analysis of future projects/process implementations.
• Champions recommendation of projects brought to light during analysis. Projects may be local to a specific area/asset or business wide process implementations. Leads the implementation of these projects.
• Promote reliability practices across the business. Consult publications and professional societies to identify, develop and maintain key metrics that measure the effectiveness of the maintenance business processes, developing methods of data collection where appropriate. Develop and lead plans to improve performance in areas where the metrics lag from best practices (as identified by research).
• Develop systems, formulas, and processes around Asset critical Inventory strategies including stocking levels, usage rates, internal/external stocking practices, and point of use versus central storeroom locations.
• Lead the implementation of improvement plans via project management with cross-functional team from various departments: safety, purchasing, maintenance, production, finance, etc.
• Lead processes to improve the structured work identification processes for reliability advancement process. This process can involve use of Maintenance Task Assessment process and/or use of the Preventative Maintenance module of the Maximo software package.
Key Technical/Functional Skills:
- Expert with Microsoft Office
- Ability to read and understand engineered drawings
- Experience with vendor and equipment qualification and testing
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow/Green Belt preferred
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or related with at least 12 years of experience in maintenance/reliability or equivalent.
Preferred Qualifications: Master's Degree in Business, Engineering or related with at least 10 years of experience in maintenance/reliability or equivalent.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.