Quality Assurance Technician at Plastipak Packaging Inc.
Posted in Information Technology 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Modesto , California
Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Quality Technician will be responsible and has the authority for monitoring, recording, reporting and follow-up on specified bottle, label, requirement in a safe, accurate, and timely manner to support reduction of produced defective product and defect-free product shipments.
- Responsibility as outlined in the Quality Manual, Operational Procedures, and all other Instruction Manuals.
- Function within the ISO/Team environment
- Conduct line checks and lab checks
- Record data on forms provided
- Complete destructive and non-destructive testing
- Complete sampling of bottle components
- Reject nonconforming items
- Ensure correct bottle, box, unit orientation
- Ensure correct scrap recovery procedures are followed
- Coordinate with other quality, production, and warehouse employee.
- Maintain computer data files
- Provide required support to Production in any aspect of conformance to requirements
- Assist production employee in answering telephone calls when the front office is closed
- Observing all local and Company safety policies and procedures as well as housekeeping requirements
- Responsible for maintaining ISO standards
- All other duties as assigned
- Team oriented and self-motivated
- Associates Degree or 3 years prior work experience preferred
- Must possess strong verbal and communication skills
- Experience in Plastics Industry
- Must have flexibility of job assignments.