Signal Processing/High Performance Computing Engineer Intern at Illumina, Inc.
Posted in Architecture 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
Spend your summer being part of something bigger - improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. Our program is iAspire - Aspirational Students Pursuing Innovative and Rewarding Experiences. Illumina’s 12-week, global, summer internship program is filled with opportunities to innovate, collaborate, and invest in yourself. Our interns work on relevant projects and programs, right alongside our engineers, scientists and corporate employees. It truly is an opportunity to learn, grow, and become a fully-integrated member of the Illumina community.
The Embedded Systems team is seeking a highly-motivated, self-driven intern to join a team of embedded development engineers at our San Diego design facility. The Signal Processing / High Performance Computing Engineer will be responsible for translating data path centric algorithms, including those related to image processing and/or bioinformatics, from the concept stage to product implementations. Both a proficiency and an interest in working in a mixed HW/SW environment is required.
- Analyze and optimize state-of-the-art image processing and bioinformatics algorithms
- Transfer data path centric algorithms from the concept stage to prototype environments
- Implement portions of designs in software (CPU’s) and/or hardware accelerators (GPU’s, FPGA’s)
- Test designs in a SW/HW environment
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Working on Bachelors, Master, or PhD; majoring in Electrical or Computer Engineering (or a similar major)
- Proficiency in C/C++ software code development, Verilog/VHDL RTL hardware development, OpenCL
- Experience with CPU’s, GPU’s, FPGA’s, DSP’s, and/or ASICs
- Understanding of computer architectures and/or high performance computing
- Understanding of parallelization, real-time scheduling, and synchronization concepts
- Understanding of image or signal processing algorithms
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Some experience in industry would be a plus
This role is located in San Diego, CA. Travel accommodations will be provided for those candidates who do not reside in the city where their interview is being held.
The iAspire program only supports F-1 visa status; no other visa types are eligible. F-1 students must have at least 3 months of CPT or OPT eligibility to participate.
For more information on iAspire, please visit www.illumina.com/iaspire
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf