PMO Senior Project Manager at Federal Reserve Bank (FRB)
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
The St Louis Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks serving all or parts of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas with branches in Little Rock, Louisville and Memphis. The St. Louis Fed's most critical functions include: promoting stable prices and economic growth, fostering a sound financial system, providing payment services to financial institutions, supporting the U.S. Treasury's financial operations, and advancing economic education, community development and fair access to credit.
The Federal Reserve's Center for Learning Innovation (Center) provides learning resource consulting and development for the Federal Reserve System. Our award-winning custom learning solutions use leading-edge technology and range from quick-to-market deliverables to multidiscipline, multiyear complex strategies. At the Center, we value creativity and innovation. We have a talented and diverse team that includes instructional designers, developers, and project managers.
This available position is a Senior Project Manager who will manage efforts in the Center for our customers in the St. Louis Fed, other Federal Reserve Districts, the Board of Governors, and external groups. In this role, the project manager will keep the project team focused on the right goal by defining business problems, shaping priorities, actively managing risks, and allocating resources. Strong business acumen and analytical skills are necessary to ensure projects are delivered with the right-sized scope, budget, and timeline.
A successful senior project manager will work effectively with all levels of management and staff and focus on priorities. We are looking for a collaborative and highly organized individual with strong customer focus to provide effective leadership for our projects and programs.
- Apply industry best practices to manage projects of various complexities in accordance with established standards. Collaborate with colleagues to grow and develop individual skills and help mature the Center as a whole.
- Establish and strengthen client relationships to fully understand and respond to changing business needs.
- Accept project ownership and accountability and make connections across projects and portfolios.
- Collaborate with colleagues and resource managers to properly schedule and optimize workloads based on current priorities.
- Tailor communication styles, as appropriate, to meet the needs of a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate presence and confident facilitation techniques to help groups reach desired results.
- Engage in a variety of activities including:
- Managing 5-10/400-600 hour projects simultaneously;
- Leading matrixed teams of 4-15 members to deliver a variety of products and services that best satisfy a given business problem within delivery timeline, funding, and quality expectations;
- Creating and maintaining relevant detailed project artifacts to effectively manage a project, including but not limited to: charter, project management plan, project schedule, scope statement, communication plan, change requests, risk and issue logs, budget and status reports; and
- Collaborating with project teams to identify, mitigate and communicate risks throughout the project and escalating awareness of project and performance risks as appropriate.
- Additional duties will be assigned as needed; this description is not intended to provide an exhaustive list of the duties of this position