Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Valencia, California
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Engineered Materials, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, is a leading diversified manufacturer of highly engineered, organic, and inorganic elastomer based products.
Company Name: TA Aerospace is a subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation and a member of Esterline Engineered Materials.
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 245
Title: Demand Analyst
Job Family/Discipline: Manufacturing/Operations / Production Control
Reports to: Sr. Materials Manager
Works with: Cross-functional Senior Staff, Production Planning, Shipping, Receiving & Warehouse personnel, Purchasing, Manufacturing Management, Customer Service, Contracts, and Customers
Location: Valencia, CA, USA
Type: Full Time
The Demand Analyst 2 works with internal/external customers to obtain forecasts and translate into production requirements. Also responsible for creating and maintaining master schedules for production lines.
* Receives/downloads forecast from customers and compares forecast with historical sales, marketing and build rate plans, customer demand data, and prior demand plans.
* Reconciles customer requests with forecasts and communicates with customers regarding exceptions and irregularities.
* Identifies supply/demand issues and follow-up activities; makes adjustments to the appropriate plans needed.
* Develops and maintains the SIOP (Sales, Inventory and Operations Plans) process and associated plans and analyses.
* Effectively communicates the demand plan and associated master schedules to mid and senior level management.
* Updates monthly reports, reviews and presents information at various meetings.
* Works with other departments to streamline processes and plans.
* Manages Customer Portal interfaces and forecast commitments.
* Prepare and execute Customer Readiness Reviews
* Evaluates and provides recommendations on stock levels.
* Translates the demand plan into the master schedule incorporating in phasing, inventory strategy, order sizing, and level loading.
* Develops and maintains Rough Cut Capacity Plans (RCCP).
* Runs/updates/reviews various reports for analysis and verifies accuracy.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Daily execution within Esterline Operating System (EOS). Communicate and reinforce EOS through demonstrated commitment to the prescribed principles, tactics, and behaviors.
* Ensure Compliance with EH&S, Trade Right, Ethics and Business Conduct, Quality Policy and all established operating procedures.
* APICS certification or currently pursuing.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Working knowledge of production methods.
* Demonstrates strong math/analytical skills.
* Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, Crystal Reports and PowerPoint.
* Familiarity with MRP systems.
* Solid core knowledge of Lean concepts and Continuous Improvement theory/techniques.
* Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision and multitask to manage routine tasks in addition to special projects.
* Excellent responsiveness and customer focus in a fast-paced environment.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* BA preferred; will accept equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum 2-5 years experience in Demand Analysis, or similar.
* APICS CPIM or CSCP certification and affiliation and/or APICS membership is highly desirable.
* Experience with implementation of an ERP/MRP II system.
* Experience in a union environment desirable.
Demonstrated ability in the Esterline competencies: Customer Focus, Ethics and Values, Problem Solving, Integrity and Trust, Functional/Technical Skills, Listening, Action-oriented, composure, Values Diversity