Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Garden Grove, California
OneSource Distributors is a wholesale distributor of electrical products, automation controls, industrial supplies and safety products from over 18 locations throughout Southern California, Arizona, Hawaii, and Mexico. Our focus is People, Processes and Technology: People are our most important resource; it is our People that contribute to our success, service our customers and ensure we lead in the markets we serve. Processes are efficient and effective through the use of Lean Six Sigma methodologies. Leading distribution Technology and custom built solutions support all aspects of our operations.
Individuals who demonstrate competency and accountability, expertise, and a desire to succeed and progress our organization are welcome to apply.
OneSource is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar USA is a market leader in the B-to-B distribution of electrical, industrial & safety products and related solutions. Sonepar USA is made up of over 16 of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors, with coverage in all 50 states. Entering the US in 1998, Sonepar USA has continued to grow over the years due to strategic acquisitions and organic growth. Sonepar USA is a member of the Sonepar Group, an independent family-owned company with global market leadership in B-to-B distribution of electrical products and related solutions. For more information, visit SoneparUSA.com
Switchgear business in contractor segment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Include the following; other duties may be assigned)
* Perform take-offs from construction plans and specification. Develop cost effective proposals from project plans and specs; negotiate and secure project orders
* Develop and maintain productive working relationships with assigned local sales team(s) to articulate Division s strategy and goals; leverage local sales team to drive project sales at targeted accounts/market segments
* Manage vendor relationships to leverage cost-favorable packaging of projects
* Provide training, joint sales calls and applications support to sales teams for assigned vendors, products and packaged projects
* Identify upcoming project opportunities and influence customer specs.
* Other duties and/or projects as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
* Electrical, Industrial and/or distribution experience preferred but not required
* High School diploma or G.E.D.; or
* 3 - 5 years' of related experience and/or training;, Sales and or Project and/or Product Management experience
* Equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and with little supervision
* Must demonstrate good time management skills
* Must possess strong planning, organizational and execution skills
* Must have the ability to set goals and meet deadlines
* Must possess excellent customer service skills
* Must demonstrate ownership of assigned responsibilities and ability to get the job done correctly and in a timely manner
* Must possess a proactive and positive team approach to problem resolution
* Must have the ability to establish strong working relationships with co-workers and management
* Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
* Strong background in take-offs
* Strong background in power distribution systems, low and medium voltage switchgear
* Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong time management capabilities.
If yes, the % of travel time required: 10%
Garden Grove, California, United States