Bicycle Pedestrian Coordinator at University of Arkansas
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
The Bicycle Pedestrian Coordinator will develop city-wide bicycle and pedestrian education and encouragement efforts, by using social media and conducting public presentations; maintain the City Bicycling webpage as well as bike.uark.edu; assist the Univerity of Arkansas (UA)/City departments and other external stakeholders to encourage bicycle and pedestrian events; maintain bicycle and pedestrian-friendly certifications for UA/City; research, recommend, and implement programs that have resulted in increased walk/bike rates for other communities; and other duties as assigned.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL RELEVANT APPLICATION MATERIALS INCLUDE DETAILS ADDRESSING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS. APPLICANTS NOT MEETING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM CONSIDERATION.
* Bachelor s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture Planning, Environmental Science, Sustainability, or a related field from a college or university
* At least six months of applied experience in transportation planning
* Valid Driver s License
* Certified League Cycling Instructor (LCI) or could attain certification from the League of American Bicyclists within 12 months of hire
DOES THIS JOB REQUIRE ANY LICENSE(S)/CERTIFICATION(S)*
IF YES, PLEASE SPECIFY
Valid Driver's License plus certified League Cycling Instructor (LCI) or could attain certification from the League of American Bicyclists within 12 months of hire
* At least one year of applied experience
* Experience with mapping and/or graphic design software
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
* Knowledge of objectives and principles of transportation planning, funding, and design with an emphasis on bicycle and pedestrian transportation
* Basic knowledge of graphic design software such as the Adobe Creative Cloud
* Effective communication skills with others orally and in writing
* Proficient skills in the use of a computer and software programs such as word processing applications, spreadsheet applications, and presentation software applications
* Must be proficient in all social media outlets and have the ability to respond to online public requests and concerns in a professional and productive manner
* Able to meet required deadlines while working on a variety of projects
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general planning periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, design plans, and governmental regulations
* Ability to write professional reports and business correspondence
* Ability to prepare and present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the public
* Ability to compile and analyze data with great attention to detail from a variety of sources in order to prepare clear, accurate reports from such information
* Ability to be a strategic thinker and the ability to work as a team member and leader as well as ability to work independently
* Able to effectively operate standard office equipment
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
* Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
* Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
IS THIS POSITION WEATHER/EVENT ESSENTIAL* IF YES, THE EMPLOYEE IN THIS POSITION WILL REPORT TO WORK AT THE SCHEDULED TIME WHEN THE UNIVERSITY IS CLOSED DUE TO INCLEMENT CONDITIONS.
Fayetteville Campus - Facilities Management
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A MOTOR VEHICLE REPORTS CHECK*
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A BACKGROUND CHECK*
IF YES, PLEASE SPECIFY
* Criminal background check
* Sex offender registry check
* MVR check
* Drug screening
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A SUBSTANCE ABUSE TEST*
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.