Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Alpharetta, Georgia
At Samuel, Son & Co., your success is our business. As leading metals and industrial products manufacturer, processor and distributor, we leverage our industry expertise, breadth of experience and the passion of our people to help drive success for North American business – one customer at a time.
We go beyond, quality, price, competitiveness, reliability and service. As a strategic supplier, we work collaboratively with our customers to understand their challenges and opportunities, and to develop innovative solutions that create value and meet real business needs. Samuel, Son & Co. Because it’s not just business. It’s family.
Responsible for daily inventory and purchasing. Work closely with sales team in regard to establishing pricing and lead times. Maintain communications with all departments to ensure proper inventory and report any issue which may effect on time delivery.
• Reviews computer ship list daily for orders required to ship and Monitoring of Daily shipments and
• Managing all items in inventory for two branches within corporate parameters
• Communicating with vendors
• Coordinating with sales people on contractual business and corresponding inventory levels
• Entering all purchase orders for two branches
• Providing pricing for sales quotes
• Coordinating all activities with the Regional Purchasing Manager
• High School diploma required and a minimum of 5+ years of job related experience.
• AS400 experience helpful, not required
• Strong Math and Analytical skills
• Basic Excel
• Metal industries experience preferred but not required
• Self-starter needing minimal oversight/direction
• Ability to communicate with others, including our vendors, clearly and courteously
• Ability to lift 10 lbs (4.5kg) maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools.
Equal Opportunity Employer