Engineering Technician (Automotive) at Flex
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Troy, Michigan
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
The Engineering Technician will be based in Troy, MI. The Engineering Technician is responsible for assisting and supporting our Engineering and Program Management teams to meet all customer and AGM project requirements. AGM Automotive strives to provide the finest-quality products to our customers while satisfying their needs with ORIGINATIVITY. This position is critical to support innovation at AGM to stay on top of the technology in our market.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Set-up, evaluate and document light readings and targets from various OHC Console, Dome Lamp, Reading Lamp, Ambient and LED lighting using a LUX meter & Photographs.
- Set-up, evaluate and document light readings and targets from various LED’s, Light Pipes & Button Graphics using a Color (X-Y or Temp) & Intensity (cd/m^2) Camera. Currently CNC Controlled.
- Perform weekly camera calibrations to ensure accurate readings & correlation.
Mock-up electrical circuits for various lighting projects. (LED Changes, Resistor Changes, Test Harness Builds, PCBA population that simulate the design created).
Mock-up mechanical assemblies for lighting projects. (Plastic Housings, Bezels, Lenses, Back Plates; AGM Product Display Boards; Rapid Prototypes that simulate the design created).
- Support and attend meetings with information relevant to our projects.
- Create engineering presentations, charts and documents with supporting engineering evidence or calculations that meet or verify customer specifications based on Lab Tests or Light Readings.
- Set-up, evaluate and document Lab Tests. (Temperature/ Humidity Chamber, Salt Spray Chamber, Instron Push/Pull, PCBA Sectioning, ESD Gun, Switch Cycle Testing, Multi-meter Readings).
- Support vehicle mock-up activities to install, removed, modify and show lighting applications.
- Set-up 3D CAD geometry of parts for SLA (3D Printer) rapid prototyping.
- Monitor and Operate the SLA machine to support Engineering Teams.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- Candidate must have a desire and ability to seek out new ideas and be creative.
- Must be very hands on and willing to get your hands dirty every once in a while.
- Individual must possess CAD knowledge, manage data & manipulate geometry.
- Demonstrate the ability to create presentations, technical documents, & Lab Results.
- Associates Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology, or equivalent Work Experience.
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering.
- Previous experience in automotive or related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Proficiency in MS Outlook for E-mail, Meetings & Task Management.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD & SolidWorks.
- Proficiency in Soldering of electrical components.
- Proficiency in CNC Machine Set-up and Operation.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- Associates degree in Engineering or similar focus
- 1 year experience working with laminates and/or adhesives
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryOperationsFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.